Construction & Maintenance Technician at World Vision
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: World Vision
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!Key ResponsibilitiesJob Purpose To facilitate the maintenance and construction aprons, standpipes and permanent hand washing stations and other civil works such as household latrines and install hand pumps and submersible pumps in beneficiary communities and institutions and build capacity of local artisans through training and coaching.Key Responsibilities
- Supervise local artisans to construct aprons, standpipes and permanent hand washing stations and other assigned WASH facilities.
- Assess construction materials to determine its suitability for the work and determine the appropriate mix ratio.
- Facilitate the installation of hand pumps and submersible pumps and its accessories.
- Build capacity of local artisans, area mechanics and pump maintenance volunteers through training and coaching.
- Ensure that required quantities of materials such as HDPE pipes and fittings requested are utilized on the field and the remaining returned to stores
- Facilitate communication between Supervisor and beneficiary communities or institution to ensure that targets are met.
- Support in the implementation of innovative designs and technologies which will be introduced.
- Ensure implementation of Audit and Risk Assessment recommendations in WASH projects and their impact areas within operational areas.
- Facilitate and report (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually) on WASH activities implemented.
- Ensure that WV vehicle and other equipment are maintained are used efficiently and effectively.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and ExperienceThe following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: Higher National Diploma in Building Technology, Civil Engineering, Certificate in National Vocational Training Institute Level II, or any related qualification in the construction industry
- Technical Training qualifications required: Building or Civil Engineering
- Experience: Ten years’ experience in working in the Construction industry
- Skills and experience in working with local artisans such as masons, tilers and plumbers.
- Experience in community entry and mobilization and development facilitation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to the empowerment of the artisans in rural communities.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new designs and use of space of art equipment to facilitate work.
- Strong communicator at all levels with interpersonal skills, ability and commitment to listen to others.
- Working knowledge of programs/projects cycle management.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and key partners.
- Ability to perform basic plumbing works.
- Monitoring, reporting and proposal writing skills
- Perform other duties as required
Working Environment / Conditions
- Work environment: Field-based with frequent travels.
- Travel: 90% Domestic/international travel is required.
- Office: 5%
- On call: 5%
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th August, 2023