Condition Monitoring Technician at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- To provide a reliable support service through the conduct of high quality condition monitoring of underground plant equipment, via on-line and off-line data acquisition techniques and data analyses, testing and diagnoses, to prevent premature failures and maintain the optimal condition of the equipment at all times.
In This Role You Will:
- Conduct routine condition monitoring tasks on all rotating equipment and other tools, according to the established schedules and as per plant requirements.
- Conduct extensive analyses on vibration and other data collected to diagnose/troubleshoot rotating machinery problems and recommend remedial measures.
- Conduct thorough inspections on aspects such as temperature, pressure, vibration and monitor these elements on an ongoing basis.
- Perform specialised non-destructive testing (NDTs) toward the goal of maintaining equipment availability.
- Conduct stress testing on various piping elements within the mine.
- Conduct sampling activities on underground plant equipment, as and when required.
- Undertake physical mechanical alignments of underground plant equipment.
- Complete preventative and corrective maintenance tasks, as assigned by the Maintenance Engineer.
- Report any major changes in equipment condition to the Maintenance Engineer.
- Participate actively in reliability improvement programs and Root Cause Failure Analyses on all underground plant equipment.
- Collect data actively for analyses purposes.
- Analyse and interpret data using CSI-RBM software.
- Initiate corrective actions and propose improvements to enhance the reliability/availability of rotating equipment.
- Participate in plant turnaround/shutdown activities, as and when requested by the Maintenance / Reliability Engineer.
- Maintain various condition monitoring equipment files and associated data in the computerised system.
- Propose measures to improve reliability and availability of plant rotating equipment, through the minimisation of failures.
- Verify and provide detailed feedback on the condition of the equipment stating the sufficiency for plant production.
- Provide overall support to the Reliability Engineer / Maintenance Management team.
- Conduct and report on failure analyses and quantify potential value adds to mitigate this.
- Follow-up on failure of notifications raised or deficiencies highlighted, and work to close these gaps.
- Ensure that assets are able to perform as expected, to maximise the value generated.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Comply with Newmont Health and Safety regulations and Reliability Technician policies and procedures.
- Accept personal responsibility for own health and safety.
- Maintain and improve health and safety standards and practices.
- Attend safety meetings.
- Maintain records of condition monitoring maintenance and repairs work.
- Compile reports on field observations and factor results into weekly/fortnightly planning.
- Produce daily reports indicating the jobs completed for the day, and submit the report to the Maintenance Engineer.
Work Scheduling and Allocation
- Accomplish work objectives by determining own work schedule, coordinate with support services, and assigning short-term tasks to other Technicians, as necessary.
- Provide after-hours/standby maintenance back-end support.
- Provide on-the-job training and guidance to Artisans, Servicepersons, and other equipment users.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Diploma or equivalent technical qualifications in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical preferred).
- Specialised training in vibration analysis and other Condition Monitoring techniques.
- Strong knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Strong knowledge of the work management process.
- Strong knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Knowledge of the condition/health of critical assets.
- Knowledge of high-speed complex rotating equipment and associated maintenance fault analyses, diagnostics, techniques, repairs on pumps, motors, gearboxes, turbo compressors, screw compressors, extruders, and reciprocating compressors.
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years’ experience in Condition Monitoring within the mining industry.
- Working experience in PC-based On-Line and Off-Line Condition Monitoring Systems (Hardware and Software).
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Sound computer literacy skills (SAP, MS Word, Outlook and other Windows applications).
- Ability to predict the onset of equipment failure that could lead to the loss of asset functionality.
- Ability to troubleshoot, check tolerances on bearings and use precision measuring tool.
- Ability to identify problems and report by using technical names of equipment parts.
- Act professional and show respect.
- Assertive and influential.
- Customer focused.
- High level of integrity and trustworthiness.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Reliable and independent.
- Safety conscious.
- Show initiative, be results-driven and be proactive.
- Strong attention to detail and deliver high levels of accuracy.
- Position is located at the Ahafo South mine.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to work in confined spaces.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs, and dust mask.
- Incumbent may be working on critical Process Plant Equipment.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th June, 2023