Community Manager, Africa at Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
We don’t just talk, we do. Lead the change with us.
At the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, we work with leaders around the world to make change happen. We help governments turn bold ideas into reality so they can deliver for their people. We do it by advising on strategy, policy and delivery, unlocking the power of technology across all three. And by sharing what we learn on the ground, so everyone can benefit. We do it to build more open, inclusive and prosperous countries for people everywhere.
We are global team of nearly 800 changemakers, operating in more than 30 countries, across five continents. We are strategists, policy experts, delivery practitioners, technology experts and more. We speak more than 45 languages. We are working on over 100 projects, tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges. We’re all here at TBI to make a difference.
In a world of ever more complex challenges, we believe diversity of background and perspective is a strength. We pride ourselves on a culture that values and nurtures difference. We are dedicated to unlocking potential, not only for the countries we work in but also for each of our team members. No matter where you’re from or who you are, if you’re passionate about the transformative power of progressive politics, we invite you to build a better future with us.
Strategy & Partnerships is one of 3 external facing business critical departments – the other two are Policy & Politics and Global Government Advisory. The S&P department leads and oversees the Institute’s strategic direction and growth, with specific responsibility for futureproofing growth, developing scalable partnerships, innovating in tech and securing financial resources to measurably advance the Institute’s operational goals and drive sustainable impact.
We’re looking to hire a Community Manager based in our Accra (Ghana) office as part of the S&P division. The candidate will bring experience and passion for networks, relationship building and driving impact for citizens across Africa, particularly through technology. The post holder should be a natural convener and networker, able to communicate and engage key stakeholders around our landmark partnership platform, The Tomorrow Partnership. Through The Tomorrow Partnership we partner with governments, experts and innovators to bring about transformative change by supporting leaders, countries and communities to harness the power of technology for good.
Focus of the role:
The community engagement team is responsible for strategic engagement with growing networks of stakeholders and partners from around the world. We are experimental yet purposeful in engaging and building community that helps drive our ambition for governments forward. We are master conveners, hosting high quality events around the world, engaging innovators and policymakers alike and forming partnerships to support our mission.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a global, passionate team driven by purpose and a passion for bringing people together to address a common opportunity or challenge. We are optimists who believe in the power of community to foster fruitful collaboration and we are looking for the right candidate to help expand our external engagement and raise the profile of our work across Africa.
The post holder will report to our Head of Community based in London and work closely with their community engagement team peers in the US, Europe and Southeast Asia as well as matrix with colleagues across Partnerships, Advisory and Delivery roles. The Community Manager work closely with colleagues across the whole of the Institute.
The key objectives for the role are to
- Provide an always-on outreach and strategic engagement function with relevant communities
- Build a relevant and sustainable pool of opportunities and contacts to convert
- Be the eyes and ears on the ground in regions and connect the dots for colleagues internally and externally
This is a middle management role with ability to influence decisions internally and an opportunity to gain expertise and exposure to leading work in several priority sectors for governments. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable and confident in their ability to shape our engagement strategy
It is essential you have the Right to Work in the country you are applying to.
The post holder will:
- Develop and implement an ambitious community engagement strategy focused on accelerating impact of our partnership offer and platform, working with the Head of Community and Managers in other regions, rooted in regional insight and networks
- Identify and pursue opportunities to showcase the Institute’s key messages with an emphasis on the Tomorrow Partnership
- Plan, concept and execute strategic events and select community engagement activities, working closely with Strategy & Partnerships colleagues as well as the wider Institute’s Policy + Politics, Comms and Advisory leadership teams to achieve regional impact objectives
- Build a strong network in the region and use this to advance our mission, creatively representing the Institute with external stakeholders
- Manage our stakeholder and partners’ networks using Institute tools such as CRM
The following criteria must be met:
- Experience in advocacy, events & marketing, public affairs or related in or around the tech industry
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and networking skills
- Experience in convening audiences at all levels and organising impactful events
- Excellent project management and understanding of impact-driven work in a policy environment
- Energetic and highly collaborative with an insatiable curiosity and passion for technology
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, at times ambiguous environment where prioritising and fast thinking is needed to push ideas forward
- Great writing skills and comfortable building profile publicly around the Institute’s work
- An existing industry and/or policy network in the region
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent practical experience
The following is also desirable:
- Experience in liaising with the media and how to tell a compelling story
- A track record managing and delivering policy events across the African continent
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th April, 2023