Community Engagement Specialist at FHI 360
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Community Engagement Specialist will be a member of the project team and work with Ghana Health Service/Health Promotion Division, District Health Management Teams, Community Health Management teams, local non-governmental organizations, community organizations, USAID and others, etc. to achieve accelerate the uptake and performance of key health behaviors such as malaria, maternal and child health (MNCH), nutrition, water and sanitation (WASH), and family planning( FP) and reproductive health (RH) nationally and in targeted districts in northern Ghana. Position will be based Tamale, Ghana
The Community Engagement Program Specialist will work under the oversight of the Community Engagement Advisor to provide specialized technical assistance to the Ghana Health Service’s Health Promotion Division, local civil society, and partner organizations to review, plan, and manage implementation, and monitor community engagement and mobilization interventions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical assistance in the development and implementation of community engagement and mobilization strategies to facilitate measurable behavior change in MNCH, malaria, family planning and reproductive, nutrition, WASH and gender/youth integration programs in all phases from formative research, through design, media and materials production, community mobilization and evaluation.
- Responds to the specified deliverables and goals of contracts and grant agreements, ensuring achievements in a timely manner and in full support and compliance with FHI360 contractual agreement.
- Completes detailed strategy write-ups, work plans, and delivers quarterly reports and all other reporting requirements.
- Liaises and manages partner organizations involved in country community mobilization activities and support the capacity of local organizations and Ghana Health Services’ Health Promotion Division at regional and district level elements through the development and implementation of capacity assessments, mentoring, training courses and other capacity strengthening activities.
- 4-8 years of experience in implementing and managing international health/development programs in developing countries
Specific Knowledge Requirements:
- Demonstrable knowledge of and proven experience in community engagement and mobilization models and strategies and their practical application to malaria, MNCH, family planning, RH, nutrition, gender, disabled and youth inclusion as well as technical knowledge in these fields.
- Knowledge of evidence-based, innovative and practical solutions to community mobilization communication challenges in Ghana with particular experience working with district and community health structures in northern regions of Ghana preferred.
- Field experience in developing and implementing community mobilization projects and programs in Ghana (specifically the five northern regions) and/or other regions that have demonstrated impact, at scale.
- Understanding of widely accepted formative research, pretesting, and monitoring and evaluation methodologies for effective SBC and community mobilization interventions.
- Demonstrated strong technical, programming, leadership and management skills.
- Proven ability to work as an effective and successful team member with community-based organizations, civic groups, Ghana Health Service, community/district health management structures and diverse communities. Able to be a self-starter and take the initiative to see to project activities are implemented according to plan and schedule.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills in English and one or more additional Ghanaian local languages required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills and experience working in collaboration with communities, civic groups, churches/mosques, community groups, partners, donors and NGOs.
- Ability to set priorities while multi-tasking, and meet deadlines.
- English and one or more local languages.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27th Dec. 2021