Communications Officer at Newmont Akyem Development Foundation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Akyem Development Foundation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Eastern Region
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Akyem Development Foundation (NAkDeF) is a company, limited by guarantee, set up by Newmont and Akyem mine communities to establish and manage sustainable social investment projects and activities. It has a 9-member Board of Trustees, representing Newmont and Community, which supervises the work of a Secretariat headed by an Executive Secretary. The Board has three Standing Committees: Finance and Administration, Projects and Tender Board. Sustainable social investments to be funded by the Foundation shall include educational scholarships to secondary, vocational and tertiary training institutions, infrastructural and social amenities, youth development and promotion of culture, business development and economic empowerment, among others. A 7-member Sustainable Development Committee (SDC) shall be established in each community to plan, implement and manage sustainable development projects in their towns.
Job title: Communications Officer
Work Location: Akyem
Reports to: Executive Secretary
Dimensions: Work closely with Sustainable Development Committees, District Assembly, and Community Leaders and Sustainable Development Committees.
Purpose: To establish and manage a communication system where internal and external stakeholders are accurately and timeously informed of the activities in order to build a good image of Newmont Akyem Development Foundation (NAkDeF).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Establish the communications system of the Foundation
· Lead the development of communications strategy which promotes and increases awareness of activities of the Foundation
· Prepare and disseminate correct and consistent information to inform both internal and external stakeholders, especially project communities, on all Foundation activities using appropriate materials and methods (newsletters, social media, brochures, etc)
· Develop and maintain effective media relations with all key media organizations and outlets
· Plan and lead the execution of the Foundation’s public events
· Ensure media publicity for the Foundation’s programs and activities
· Develop and manage content for the Foundation’s official website and social media platforms
· Manage the Foundation’s newsletter
· Draft media releases
· Conduct media monitoring and provide analytical reports
· Manage the foundation’s photo & films library
· Compile and manage the stakeholder database of the foundation.
· Liaise with Newmont Communication Department for the development of messages and other communication materials such as flyers, posters, documentaries etc.
· Arrange visits and meetings
· Attend events and reporting back
· Any other duties as may be assigned
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
· Verbal proficiency in Akan language is desirable
· Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
· Must be able to work under minimum supervision, deliver timely and quality results
· Must have good understanding of creative and innovative approaches to project the activities of the Foundation
· Team player and excellent organizational skills
· Good knowledge of the local and national media landscape
· Skills in graphic design
· Skills in website design and other tools for website management
Education, Training & Experience:
· Degree in Communication Studies or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution
· At least 3–5 years workplace experience in media or Communication related environment
· Knowledge of local media landscape and familiar with local governance institutions.
· Familiarity with Foundations and NGOs related work
· Familiarity with administrative support and office procedures
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV - Click Here to Continue and Apply
Closing Date : 29th July. 2022