Commercial Lead, SOLV Ghana at Standard Chartered Bank
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Ghana - Standard Chartered Bank Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
The Role Responsibilities
Incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Venture Lead/ CEO, SOLV Ghana as well as the SOLV Senior Management Team in managing and leading the Financial Services arm of SOLV Ghana.The Commercial Lead, Financial Services will manage the Financial Services Products e2e; Product Ownership, Development and Management, Business Development on the entire value chain, (Anchors, Dealers and FIs etc) back office credit operations, subscription and sales and revenue to various financial services launched by Solv for the SME and utilization of the services/ subscription / limit on day-to-day basis and drive long term strategic actions with the team and relevant stake owners towards achieving the business goals and FinOps Objectives and Key Results (OKR).Incumbent will have the first line responsibility for the implementation of the Financial Services activities and deliver the commercial strategic vision of SOLV Ghana. Incumbent will be required to have an appreciation of the country specific nuances including:
- Business Development of all Financial Services offered by SOLV Ghana.
- Onboarding of Anchors, FIs and Dealers and all stakeholders needed to offer Financial Services Products on the SOLV Ghana B2B platform.
- Lead Key Relationship with all Financial Services stakeholders including Anchors, FIs and Dealer relationships.
- Source new customers, both in and out of the Financial Services ecosystem for availing financial services for SOLV Ghana. Sourcing will be from cold calling, digital, platform, partner and field Sales officers.
- Ensure that credit ops team upload the documents to partners within TAT.
- Ensure that Partner FIs Business and Lending rules setup/disbursal happens.
- Ensure that Program Parameters are maintained accurately in the system.
- Ensure that All OKRs and Milestones are met as planned.
- Responsible for Business Reporting & Dashboards- Operational & Revenue KPIs.
- Responsible for Operational Integration Projects with external & internal stakeholders such as partners, aggregators & internal business stakeholders.
- Responsible for Adherence & New process implementation based on Changes agreed on e.g. KYC norms.
- Responsible for Fraud Prevention & Process Deviation Management. Will also be responsible for implementation of Governance framework and AML norms, working with Legal, Risk and Compliance.
- Handling Key Stakeholders, customer queries and grievances related to product, programs details, application processing status, delays, disputes, etc.
- Coordinating with Lender/ FI for product enhancement/realignment as per market requirement, competition, and customer needs.
- Managing third party vendors/ outsourced partners for various back-office platforms /tools etc. for financial services operations.
- Delivering revenue targets in terms of revenue, disbursals, limit utilization, invoice financing, draw down, etc.
- Managing and building stake owner relationships.
- Relationship management and performance delivery from reportees, outsourced partners and vendors on the Financial Services Vertical.
- Evaluate team effectiveness, development and training needs and provide support to direct reportees.
Business and Strategy:
- Assist the Venture Lead and various Business Leads to develop a comprehensive understanding of the Financial Services business model and strategy in order to provide substantive oversight support and challenge with the intention of enabling appropriate and sustainable outcomes.
- Support to build and maintain an effective and constructive relationship with the various business heads and functional stakeholders that is based on trust, capability and integrity, providing timely, responsive and quality feedback and guidance to enable the Venture business and functions to meet/ achieve their strategic tactical objectives.
- Provide strategy, advice, analysis (and challenge when appropriate) in relation to the Financial Services Business Unit of the Venture including product design, new business initiatives, bespoke projects, remedial activities (including nature, scale and rigour of past business reviews), and transactional advice.
- Provide robust challenge to senior management and all relevant business stakeholders where proposed improvement to the Financial Services
- model are floated, escalating as necessary, driving appropriate deliberations and ownership including actions and plans to arrive at an objective decision.
- Work closely with the Risk, Legal and Compliance teams to ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and internal policies and support the transition to pro-active and pre-emptive risk mitigation.
- Support the resolution of competing requirements between regulations specific to Venture business, area of responsibility (i.e. between AML regulations and data privacy/bank secrecy or information security regulations.)
- Assist the Venture Lead and Business Heads to establish and maintain risk-based compliance frameworks and a programme for monitoring and assuring compliance that supports the transition to pro-active and pre-emptive compliance and conduct risk mitigation
- To support and promote the culture and practice of global standards to the business, while managing local requirements.
- Drive the vision, strategy, direction and leadership in support of the Venture’s strategic direction and growth aspirations in regards to Financial Services.
- Promote the utilisation of Financial Services Products by MSMEs leading to high adoption and utilisation rate
- Be a leader for the Financial Services arm of the business ensuring the team under them remains focused and delivers way above and beyond the deliverables
- Ensure the Financial Services arm remains revenue earning as per projections
- Identify, pitch and onboard strategic FIs and Anchors onto the SOLV platform.
- Act as a conduit during interaction with FIs, Anchors, Dealers and MSMEs to pick on market trends, unique needs that we can satisfy to remain market leaders
- Establish close links with colleagues leading other Product segments and/or Product Groups to achieve common platforms and work plans, implementing a One Venture approach to covering all clients from the various arms.
- To develop, maintain and embed effective processes/DOIs (including training, advice and support) to address the Financial Services Products Processes in relation to the venture business aligning with relevant policies and regulatory requirements where relevant.
- Provide governance and oversight over the implementation of Financial Services related changes, policies and procedures relevant to the Financial Services business model.
People and Talent:
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations for SOLV Ghana Team from a Tech expertise perspective and working in collaboration with the rest of the SOLV Ghana Senior Management Team.
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management, target achievement, creating good customer relations and loyalty and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development in order that team members are competent, suitably skilled and qualified for their roles, ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Review team structure/capacity plan to ensure an effective and efficient risk management framework.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles
- Provide feedback at business, function, country, and individual level as appropriate, on Finance Services Performance which should have a bearing on remuneration pools or individual bonuses (for senior staff).
- Ensure regular and documented management meetings with the senior management team on the performance of the Finance Services arm of SOLV Ghana.
- In accordance with the Ventures Enterprise Risk Management Framework, act as first line Risk Owner for appropriate and relevant Venture processes.
- Collaborate with the Risk and Compliance Team Members to anticipate horizon risks that may have a significant impact on the Ventures Financial Services business and develop effective strategies to mitigate such horizon risks including global standards for conduct of business.
- Collaborate with Risk and Compliance Team and Senior Managers to support a programme for conduct, financial crime and compliance monitoring, surveillance and/or assurance for the SOLV business in Ghana
- In the event of serious technology regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, working with Risk and Governance, ensure senior management in the Venture and relevant regulators are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Working with the Risk and Compliance Officer ensure proactive and timely identification, assessment, advice and dissemination of evolving regulatory changes/practices and associated risks, and proactive engagement in regulatory reform relating to Financial Services business.
- Liaise with the internal audit function to ensure that any weakness identified by the internal audit function relating to the SOLV Financial Services business in Ghana are appropriately followed up and closed in a timely manner.
- Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to the SOLV Ghana Financial Services business.
- Together with the Risk Team, assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions related to the SOLV Ghana Financial Services business.
- Ensure any Financial Services related global standards are understood and implemented across the area of responsibility, with any identified exceptions, or need for more/less stringent standards escalated when appropriate.
- Attend relevant leadership meetings and provide relevant reports to Senior Management and Governance/ Risk committees for the area of responsibility.
- Working with the Risk Team, identify and escalate potential risks and issues to Senior Management through appropriate governance channels and the Quality Assurance framework.
- Ensure appropriate Financial Services Product governance measures are in place so that Product approval documents reflect all relevant requirements.
- Propose Control effectiveness and efficiency improvements and simplifications where appropriate.
- Ensure the end-to-end life cycle of audit, assurance and regulatory reviews for the area of responsibilty is managed appropriately, including tracking, remediation and preparing lessons learned from such reviews.
- Within the Group’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework, establish and maintain appropriate risk based framework for identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, mitigating and reporting compliance (including regulatory and financial crime) risks across SOLV Ghana.
- Lead key change programmes and projects for SOLV Ghana Financial Services Business, ensuring timely and successful deployment.
- Maintain workplans specific to SOLV Ghana Financial Services initiatives, and communicate the same to stakeholders in a regular, timely fashion to inform and seek inputs.
- Support and review new business requirements and provide Financial Services solutions for SOLV Ghana where required.
- Drive and stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation and deadline management lead to efficient work practices and streamlined functional activities and processes.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by SOLV Ghana’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve SOLV Ghana Financial Services risk.
- Work with Risk team and relevant stakeholders to respond to regulatory actions/ obligations.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across SOLV Ghana’s business. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and SOLV’s Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve Risk, Conduct, Financial Crime, and Compliance matters.
- Venture Lead, CEO SOLV Ghana
- Management and Staff, SOLV Ghana
- Risks and Control Functional Heads (Risk, Audit, etc)
- Relevant Regulators
- 3rd party Vendors
- Embed SC Venture’s Brand and Values in the SOLV Ghana Business Team.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of a First Degree, Master’s Degree will be an advantage.
- 10+ years’ experience in commercial/consumer financial services.
- Corporate Banking experience preferred.
- Excellent command of English language.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 8th April. 2022