College Secretary at University of Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: University of Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The University of Ghana hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the senior level administrative position in the College of Basic and Applied Sciences listed below, to take effect from 1st August 2023.
COLLEGE OF BASIC AND APPLIED SCIENCES:
Objectives of the College: The College of Basic and Applied Sciences shall advance the objectives of each of its constituent Units and by these specific objectives, to:
• Develop world-class scientists to meet national and global developmental needs through quality teaching, learning, research, innovation and extension;
• Enhance staff capacity through systematic staff development programmes;
• Enhance research capabilities of staff for increased output in teaching and publications;
• Develop effective processes for public engagement; and,
• Create a congenial environment for teaching research and student learning experiences.
POSITION: College Secretary
REPORTING TO: Provost, College of Basic and Applied Sciences
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
• The College Secretary shall be of the rank of at least a Deputy Registrar or eligible for appointment as such.
• Candidates must have a good first degree as well as an advanced degree in a relevant field, with not less than 15 years’ post qualification experience, at least five of which should have been in a senior management position.
• The College Secretary shall be the head of the administration of the College under the Provost and subject to any directives that the Registrar may issue from time to time.
2. Without prejudice to the generality of (1) above, the College Secretary shall under the Provost be responsible for the following:
• Being secretary to the College Advisory Board, the College Academic Board and the Committees of the College Academic Board and keeping records and conducting correspondences on their behalf;
• Management of all administrative and professional employees of the University in the College;
• Management of the administration of the College; and,
• Liaison between the College and the Central Administration of the University on all administrative and policy issues.
The College Secretary shall hold office for a period of four years and is eligible for re-appointment for a further term of up to four years.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack addressed to the Registrar, University of Ghana, through [email protected] (Electronic copy only). Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
The application pack should be submitted as a single PDF file and should contain the following:
• Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB Form 1C) to be downloaded from the University’s website at www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
• An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
• A statement of about 2,500 words (not more than five pages) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure
that the University achieves its mission and vision. The UG strategic plan can be downloaded at: http://www.ug.edu.gh/pad/publication/ug-strategic-plan
Closing Date: 23 December, 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.