College Librarian at Atebubu College of Education
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Atebubu College of Education
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Council of Atebubu College of Education, Atebubu, in the Bono East Region announces that the following positions in the College:
College Librarian, are vacant, and therefore invites suitably qualified applicants for consideration.
Responsibilities and Duties
• The College Librarian provides leadership in advancing the College’s teaching and research mission through a clear vision of the library’s role, comprehensive strategic planning, incorporation of emerging technology, sound fiscal management
and engagement of all members in the college community.
• He/She has overall responsibility for library, research and information needs of the college community.
Specifically, the College Librarian’s duties shall include:
• Drawing up and monitoring the implementation of College Library Strategic Plan;
• Directing and coordinating the components of the library i.e. staff, services, collections and external relations;
• Establishing and maintaining procedures, policies and systems that make for efficient library operation;
• Planning, organising, coordinating and measuring the work activities of all library personnel;
• Representing the library in contacts with Administration and Committees of the College; and
• Collaborating with the relevant and appropriate institutional libraries and organisations within and outside the country in order to keep up with development trends and attain exposure to developed systems.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicant must possess postgraduate degree in a library and information related field.
• Applicant must have served as Deputy Librarian in a College of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least four (4) years.
Location: Bono East Region
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons applying for any of the positions should attach the under listed to their application letters.
• Eight (8) copies of current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
• Eight (8) photocopies of all relevant Certificates (the original shall be inspected at the interview).
• Sealed letters of recommendation from two (2) referees.
• Eight (8) copies of a two-page type-written statement of your hopes and aspirations for the College and how you would help to achieve them.
All applications must reach the following address by EMS at or before 5.00 p. m. on Friday, 14th APRIL 2023.
THE CHAIR OF SEARCH COMMITTEE OF
ATEBUBU COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
FACULTY OF ELECTRICAL AND
Closing Date: 27 October, 2023
Applicants should note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.