Closure Officer at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Closure Officer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
This role is accountable for the implementation of the Obuasi mine’s closure and rehabilitation plan which involves:
- The preparation and review of closure cost estimates and closure project bill of quantities
- Managing contractors, undertaking closure works to ensure AGAG maintain the environmental, legal and social licence to operate Obuasi Mine
- Preparation/review of Obuasi mine Liability Estimates (LE) for inclusion in the annual AGAG financial report
The Closure Officer will also be required to assist with closure and rehabilitation implementation, incident reporting, closure financial reporting, integrating closure estimates with business plan model for Obuasi Mine.
- Implement relevant reclamation programmes as directed by management
- Maintain knowledge of local environmental issues as well as review and validate closure cost estimate and ensure compliance to closure plan/objectives
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to enable the business to meet its legislative and internal requirements.
- Periodically update the closure cost estimate in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure contractor construction and laydown areas are properly managed and decommissioned prior to their de-mobilization from site
- Supervise demolition and rehabilitation contractors to achieve zero incidents and ensure work is completed within budget and scope
- Assist in planning for the required environmental inspections and audits
- Undertake inspections of mining, processing, engineering and project sites across the mine to ensure compliance with legislation and AGA environmental management standards
- Prepare quarterly closure cost review showing cashflow movements for the period.
- Prepare Note for the Record on periodic changes or cash flow movements in the closure cost estimate
- Supervise Third party review of the closure cost estimate as and when required.
- Prepare quarterly reclamation reports
- Prepare annual completion report for inclusion into the annual environmental report
- Assist with the management of environmental rehabilitation projects and contractor management as required by senior management
- Maintain a database of all surface infrastructure and land disturbance on-site
- Review and update ISO 14001 procedures and policies as and when necessary
- Assist with ISO 14001 system and process audits
- Implement incident management procedures including emergency response, reporting, clean up and rehabilitation
- Facilitate environmental incident investigations
- Implement recommended incident mitigation and preventative action plans
- Implement and maintain environmental education awareness programmes
- Provide environmental inductions and awareness training to employees, visitors and contractors
- Conduct in-house environmental impact assessments
- Provide expertise and guidance regarding environmental permit requirements for contractors
- Manage the internal environmental permitting processes
- Update the closure cost estimate with closure cost of new infrastructure constructed on site
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualification in the field of Environmental / Natural Resources Management, Quantity Survey or Civil engineering qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years’ environmental management experience working in the mining or related construction environments
- Field experience in managing earthworks.
- Experienced working with ISO4001 or similar Environmental Management Systems
- Execution of Earthworks plan of work
- Cost control
- Coordination and Resource allocation
- Knowledge of PPE, Hazardous materials, First Aid is required
- MS Office user, AutoCAD and Civil 3D user
- Defensive driving
- Knowledge of mechanical and moving equipment
- Supervise contractors to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
- Manage oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship.
- Effective interaction with mine employees, government and municipal officials, Closure Consultative Committee members, contractors and other stakeholders.
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty.
- Maximizing performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analysing issues, driving for results
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 11th Jan, 2023