Clerk of Works – QAQC at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Ghana - Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Clerk of Works – QAQC.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Clerk of Works – QA/QC will inspect the workmanship, quality, and safety of work on construction sites and report back to senior managers and Clients. The Clerk of Works – QA/QC will be conducting regular site inspections and checking that construction specifications are followed correctly. He/she will be responsible for inspecting construction work to ensure it meets all relevant Mine, MINCOM, and relevant standards and health and safety requirements.
- Inspect construction work and ensure compliance with design drawings and specifications
- Measuring and quality checking building materials
- Identify construction deviations/non-conformances and report to Senior Civil Engineer as well as the Contractor. Create and maintain a non-conformance register.
- Refer to plans and keep a construction photograph record of work, along with measurements and samples
- Ensure that building regulations, health and safety, legal and environmental requirements are met
- Create and maintain a dossier as part of the MDR for the construction installation, testing and commissioning ready for handover to Operations.
- Prepare and conduct walkdowns of complete construction infrastructures
- Produce and maintain a punch-list register generated from the walkdowns.
- Deliver infrastructure requirements consistent with the procurement and contracting strategy, which addresses the construction time, cost, and quality risks.
- Review the application of safety standards and work practices for the refurbishment construction and mining workforce to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
- Oversee all relevant inspections and testing procedures to ensure quality and/or performance is in line with specifications, designs, and requirements.
- Advise progress and KPI status in a timely manner to the management team, particularly potential cost, and schedule or quality variances.
- Weekly, monthly reporting to produce accurate and timely information that can clearly convey the status of the quality for the construction works.
- Participate in formal cost and schedule reviews to support accurate and timely reporting.
- Contribute to the Project risk register as required.
- Proactively control the construction activities to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns. Communicate accurate and timely construction schedule delivery, progress, cost, and quality.
- Ensure monitoring and data collection to demonstrate execution of the construction works on all phases of the works in accordance with the Government of Ghana conditions of approvals and the site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Support interface management for construction and refurbishment works.
Verify that the construction production daily targets are within the approved project schedule, achieving all critical intermediate milestones and targets.
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Work compliantly with the requirement of government of Ghana agencies, environmental, health and safety legislation and AGAG regulations.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Geological Engineering
- An experienced QA/QC Engineer with 7+ years’ experience in, preferably civil and earthworks construction.
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience in HSE
- Experience in QA/QC Management
- Sound project management skills
- Experience in Project Management
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project, and Excel
- Familiarity with design software, such as Autodesk, AutoCAD, and Civil 3D
- Excellent time management skills to ensure project deadlines are met
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed, so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm
- Identify skill deficiencies and initiate corrective actions for direct reports
- Communicate policies and procedures in a manner to achieve full understanding and compliance.
- Monitor the risk and risk mitigation plans for all activities for the construction works
- Deliver the Safety Management Plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control
- Model work behaviors for the team consistent with company values
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date :10th March. 2022