Clerk of Works – Electrical Underground at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Ghana - Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Clerk of Works – Electrical Underground
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Clerk of Works – Electrical Underground is accountable for overseeing the quality of the installation of the Underground Electrical reticulation network in a compliant and presentable manner with respect to works on the Obuasi mine Phase 3 Project. The Clerk of Works will also be responsible for the supervision and administration of Contractor weekly time sheets. The Clerk of Works will also be responsible for weekly Quantity survey of material installed and progress report as per schedule
- Report to the Electrical Lead for the purposes of assisting in safety and quality of works in progress.
- Be aware of schedule requirements and able to report early any constraints that may arise during the project.
- Oversee and inspect the electrical installations to ensure that the installations adhere to AGAG’s specifications with respect to relevant SLD’s, electrical schematics, general Arrangements, hookup drawings, corrosion protection, earthing protection. Also ensure the installation is presented in a professional manner.
- Prepare and conduct walkdowns of construction complete Subsystems.
- Produce and maintain a punch-list register generated from the walkdowns.
- Produce Non-conformance reports and participate in the solution process as these matters arise
- Be part of the Process to create a Manufacturers Data Report (MDR).
- Create and maintain a Dossier as part of the MDR for the construction installation, testing and commissioning ready for handover to Operations.
- Ensure the correct submittal from contractor time sheets on a weekly basis, sign off on Monthly claim and invoice from contractor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Trade background or higher in Electrical/Instrumentation preferred.
- QA/QC management certification
- Substantial experience in quantity survey and administration of work force time management systems
- Mincom registered Electrician/Technician
- Minimum of three (3) years Electrical installations in a mining environment, both MV and LV installations.
- QA/QC roles in a construction phase of mining projects.
- Familiarity with Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Must possess relevant certificate of competency from Minerals Commission of Ghana
- Be well organized and able to create functional file structures for the purpose of creating a dossier and MDR.
- Able to prepare and execute subsystem walkdowns in a timely manner.
- Be able to understand and interpret the content of different types of QA/QC forms and reports.
- Be able to understand network, loop, terminal and schematic drawings.
- Be able to understand and implement Electrical hookup drawings.
- Address any deficiencies in the Electrical installation processes and procedure either directly or through normal chain of command.
- Be part of a team capable of producing good quality work in a timely manner.
- Continuously improve processes used by the team.
- Model work behaviors for the team consistent with company values.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Be part of an environment of teamwork and willingness to help others.
- Able to work with others from all different disciplines.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24th Feb. 2022