Clearing Officer at Absa Bank
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Absa Bank
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
- To deliver performance excellence through working as part of a team which undertakes a wide range of processing and servicing activities.
- To perform referrals and call backs on incoming cheques captured on the bank’s system for items over the set threshold.
- To accept, scan and transmit all outgoing cheques through the bank’s system.
Accountability: Delivering Operational and Service Excellence
Time Split: 70%
- Refer cheques received through clearing and to check for accuracy, validity, and unauthorized activity.
- Perform call-back activity on inward cheques
- Undertake required processing and servicing activity in accordance with set procedures.
- Achieve operational rigour excellence in all aspects of activities, processes and procedures undertaken.
- Comply with operational risk and rigour standards in respect of protecting people, customers, assets, and the organization.
- Achieve individual operational performance targets and support the achievement of team targets.
- Achieve individual customer service (both internal and external) and support the achievement of team targets by working within relevant service level agreements
- Action any complaints received in accordance with procedures.
- Reconcile ACH, U/E & CCC, Makola DLV Suspense account.
- Investigate and reverse all items on various Redirect Accounts.
Time Split: 15%
- Work closely with the Team Leader, supervisors, and other members as one team to deliver excellent performance.
- Constantly seek to improve ways of working by challenging the status quo and supporting an empowering climate within the team, sharing knowledge, experience, best practice and providing constructive feedback as required
- Provide cover for other team members as required
- Support and adopt the implementation of change initiatives
- Participate in local events to support local needs, develop individual and team skills and raise the Absa profile in the local community.
Time Split: 10%
- Participate in snap checks as assigned by the team manager
- Conduct CPA on an annual basis as assigned by team manager
- Report all Risk Event that occurs in respective area
- Ensure compliance with all procedures and controls in respect of the role
Accountability: Self Development
Time Split: 5%
- Agree performance development objectives with the Clearing Manager.
- Pursue self-development to increase personal effectiveness, knowledge strengths and areas for development
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31st August. 2022