Civil Engineer (Irrigation) at Reputable Company
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
JOB TITLE : Civil Engineer (Irrigation)
LOCATION : Accra
CLOSING DATE : 24 August 2023
JOB PURPOSE : This professional is responsible for overseeing various irrigation-related projects, such as agricultural irrigation systems, landscape irrigation installations, water resource management, and irrigation infrastructure development.
This expert will also be mandated to act as a day-to-day engineer on the irrigation/construction site, and as a source of technical advice and quality control for personnel working on it.
REPORTS TO : Deputy Managing Director
• Assess and survey the terrain, soil conditions, and other relevant factors of sites that could affect irrigation projects and design decisions.
• Assist in planning and designing irrigation and installation of fixtures to requirements and specifications.
• Conducts research on problems of soil drainage and conservation, applying knowledge of civil engineering.
• Develop strategies for efficient water usage, water conservation, and sustainable water management practices within the irrigation projects.
• Implement quality assurance and quality control measures to verify that the irrigation systems function as intended and deliver the expected outcomes
• Implementation of QA/QC management systems during construction
• Conduct hydraulic and hydrological analysis to determine water flow rates, pressure requirements, and irrigation distribution for optimal system performance.
• Collaborate with architects, urban planners, environmental scientists, construction managers, and other professionals to ensure a holistic and integrated approach to project development.
• Engage in ongoing research and development to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies, materials, and techniques in the field.
• Education: A bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering with a specialization in water resources or a related field is typically required. Additional education or certifications in irrigation design and management are advantageous (or equivalent experience)
• In-depth knowledge of irrigation principles, water hydraulics, irrigation system components, and modern irrigation technologies.
• Proficiency in industry-standard software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D and structural analytical tools
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience as a Civil engineer with irrigation background
• Membership of a recognized professional body
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Proficient in IT skills and other relevant software
• Technical knowledge of coastal physical processes
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants may submit application and curriculum vitae to the under listed email address on or before 24th August, 2023 to: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.