CIB Governance Officer at Absa Bank
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Absa Bank
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
- To Support the Governance Manager, manage all Governance and Compliance issues. Also acts as liaison with Compliance Department on compliance and regulatory issues, Audit Department on audit issues and Operational Risk and Management Assurance on risk issues.
- Support the Governance Manager in ensuring that the function delivers on all deliverables required, as well as the implementation, alignment and embedding of all require regulation.
- Support in managing the KYC Support Unit
Business Management & Operational Duties – 70%
Support the Governance Manager regarding the following:
- Draw the Annual Governance & Compliance plan for the Unit
- Have oversight Responsible for Corporate Banking Know Your Customer (KYC) Support Unit, co-ordinate and supervise activities of KYC, AML & Sanctions screening.
- Ensures that colleagues in Corporate Banking are conversant with Absa Policies on Governance e.g., Compliance Code of Conduct, Complaints Handling etc. Ensures that internal policies & procedures are adhered to by the corporate banking department through training.
- The Central contact point in Corporate Banking in facilitation of all Audits, both internal and external.
- Contact point for Corporate Banking on all Bankwide orientation for new colleagues
- Co-ordinate periodic snap checks, pre-audit preparation, CPA, remediation and closure of post audit queries, review of monitoring and control reports as well as managing and monitoring control reports.
- Prompt and facilitate the Performance Development (PD)process, training and development programmes for Corporate Banking and enforce compliance to Absa HR policies. Also ensuring, where necessary, that PDs are aligned to regional/functional objectives, and that a suitable mix of local and regional/functional objectives is maintained.
- Deliver timely and well written reports to stakeholders reflecting control status for attention of governance committees/fora to achieve expected objectives.
- Partner with stakeholders to continually enhance business internal processes to deliver products with appropriate control framework
- Ensure health and safety of staff by putting in place good health and safety measures. Ensure compliance with operational risk & rigour requirements e.g. Health and Safety standards, security of premises, Business Continuity Management, etc.
- Provide support in the management of leave plans. Ensure that succession plans, and substitutes are in place for key positions and manage the leave policy within Corporate Banking.
- Attend and participate in process mapping reviews, operational risk assessments of P.O.T Committee.
- Deliver other Governance & Compliance related projects as and when directed
- Enhance and promote a compliance culture through awareness activities
- Implement, embed and monitor CIB compliance policies, processes and methodology in the business operations and assist the Regional Compliance team with local input with regards to Policy and Standards setting.
- Ensure that business addresses concerns raised by the Regulator /delivers on commitments made to the Regulator in respect of the CIB team
- Track, implement and comply with IA Audit recommendations
- Follow up on any compliance related findings or action items for closure
- Advise business on any changes in set standards/ local requirements (throughout the year)
- Identify business impact for new regulatory requirements and escalate upwards as necessary
- Undertaking trend analyses, thematic reviews on areas of concern, and enhance control deficiencies to promote a proactive approach to adherence with Group policy and local regulatory requirements
- Act as the first point of contact between business and Compliance/FinCrime/Operational Risk department on CIB related matters
Risk Monitoring & Reporting – 10%
- Provide periodic updates on reviews as usual activities regarding the Governance & Compliance activities or projects
- Submit reports to the Governance Manager on areas covered, findings and appropriate recommendations for improvement as required so as to assist the business to operate according to the various regulatory requirements applicable
- Provide the Governance Manager with quantitative and qualitative reports on progress achieved in terms of set targets
- Deal appropriately with compliance issues and escalate issues in an appropriate manner to the relevant persons.
- Complete & submit accurate & timeous compliance returns and regulatory reports (monthly, quarterly, yearly) to the Governance Manager
Team Management – 10%
- Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
- Track the delivery of the team and achievements against the team’s annual goals
- Effectively manage in country compliance/regulatory relationships with the CIB team.
- Keep the Governance Manager informed on compliance/regulatory matters which may pose financial or reputational risks for the business.
- Ensure to always improve on communications with business through innovative thinking and approaches in line with Absa expectations
Risk & Control – 10%
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
- Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
Knowledge, Expertise And Experience
- At least a relevant Bachelor’s degree or other relevant tertiary qualifications in law, audit, banking risk or finance.
- At least four years’ experience in CIB, operations , governance, audit or risk department of a financial services environment.
- Experience in policy setting and roll out.
- Technical Knowledge – basic understanding of Corporate & Investment banking products
Knowledge/Competences & Skills:
- The jobholder will be required to have a detailed knowledge of the core set of corporate products.
- Intellectual and analytical skills of a high order. He/she is likely to be a graduate and / or have a professional qualification.
- The strength of character, credibility and personal presence and communication skills to operate confidently and effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
- The flexibility to appreciate the commercial objectives of the business, coupled with an ability to challenge, independently and constructively, senior management, peers or other staff where appropriate, to insist upon adherence to the highest standards of business practice. Tact and sensitivity as well as strength and authority are important.
- Ability to use initiative and work with minimum to zero supervision but ensuring, at the same time, that the line reports are always kept fully informed.
- Ability to consider issues from a range of angles and propose creative solutions that assist the business in achieving its goals in a safe and controlled manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with senior internal and external audiences – to educate, persuade, negotiate, gain decisions, enforce.
- Ability to influence senior management.
- Ability to make a real contribution in a rapidly changing environment and thrive on change and the need to learn rapidly.
- Being able to effectively liaise with Group Product Governance Teams (CIB)
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th Jan, 2024