Chute Operator at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Chute Operator.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The Chute Operator will be expected to safely operate the Wabby Chutes for effective loading of train hoppers/trucks for efficient transportation of materials to tipping points.
• Assess risks for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and during task execution.
• Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time.
• Act on all corrective actions assigned to you or under your jurisdiction and ensure timely completion.
• Comply with AGAG Environmental Management, compliance and other legal requirements.
• Take action to prevent environmental pollution
• Comply and follow the operating procedures and environmental rules for the performance of the assigned job
• Assist for the efficient operations of the train in terms of prevention of derailment, and also assist in derailment works
• Identify the necessary hazard that can damage infrastructural installations/systems and correct anomalies during operations
• Maintain good working knowledge of chute and train operations
• Assist the locomotive engine driver to safely deliver the trammed materials to the tips
• Ensure material usage are as per plan and prevent
• Keep records of all trammed activities during the shift and report to repository
• Report to the supervisor of any suspected collusion.
• Ensure that the workplace is well house kept
Qualification Required & Experience
• WASSCE / SSCE / Post JHS Education
• Three (3) years’ experience in underground operations will be an advantage
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 21 September, 2022