Child Development Officer at Cocoa Abrabopa Association
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Cocoa Abrabopa Association
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Duties & Responsibilities
• Conduct household surveys and community profile surveys with selected households in the assigned operational areas;
• Conduct traceability checks at the community level.
• Undertake distribution of shade trees to farmers
• Undertake living income plan beneficiaries monitoring
• Undertake gender and, grievance, assess and address awareness raising
• Conduct farm monitoring for shade trees survival
• Carry out unannounced farm visit to identify possible cases of child labour;
• Follow-up questionnaires including needs assessments in case child labour is identified;
• Identify and deploy remediation activities to the benefit of the children and their families;
• Monitor all remediation activities and households classified as high-risk of child labour;
• Organize and implement awareness raising among members, households, communities and collaborating partners;
• Report through a mobile app;
• Prepare work plans and schedules to ensure that all households are visited for all activities as per the agreed times in the period;
• Work closely with the Technical Coordinators and Regional Managers employed by CAA;
• The CDOs ensure that the tools, equipment and safety wear is used appropriately according to manufacturer specifications and maintains the protocols for repairs and maintenance
• Perform any other duties or assignments as may be directed by your supervisor.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor Degree/ Diploma in Agriculture ( only people with Crop, Agronomy, Agro-forestry and Extension background), Development Studies, from a recognized institution accredited by national accreditation board
• A minimum of three (3) year plus experience in a similar role.
• Should have working experience with farmers on the field, should have at least one year experiences in field data collection in the cocoa sector
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Multitasking and work constructively to meet targets and deadlines
• Confident individual with a proactive attitude and keep calm under pressure
• Detailed-oriented professional who uses analytical skills and follows all procedures to identify child labour and the follow-up support activities to be carried out
• Must have strong background in computer skills
• Ability to independently create digital reports
• Ability to manage assigned duties in an assertive, efficient and timely manner.
• Must be able to live in a rural community in any of the assigned cocoa districts deprived of basic social amenities.
• ABILITY TO RIDE A MOTORBIKE IN ROUGH TERRAIN WITH A VALID LICENSE
• Ability to pay attention to details
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of data gathered for the purposes assigned for
• ABILITY TO SPECK FLUENTLY TWI FLUENTLY
• ABILITY TO PROVIDE BASIC COCOA EXTENSION SERVICE
• Emotional maturity, unprejudiced and sensitivity to farmers
• Meticulously maintains complete, honest and accurate records pertaining household surveys and community profile surveys.
Method of ApplicationApplication should be sent to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 24 February, 2023