Chief of Staff at Mastercard Foundation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Mastercard Foundation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We are currently in an exciting period at the Mastercard Foundation as we intensify the implementation of the Young Africa Works strategy, aiming to empower 30 million young people throughout Africa to access dignified and fulfilling employment.
To ensure the Foundation’s accessibility to our partners and program participants, we have established offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda. These offices provide strong in-country support for the implementation of Young Africa Works. We collaborate with governments, the private sector, educators, and other funders to enhance the quality of education and vocational training, equip young individuals with the necessary skills for the workforce, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and facilitate connections between job seekers and meaningful employment opportunities.
Our values serve as our guiding principles, transcending and surpassing all other considerations. We wholeheartedly encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work.
If you are an experienced global strategic professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Chief of Staff enables and assists the CEO to advance the Mastercard Foundation’s priorities and goals. Serving as a trusted advisor, the Chief of Staff provides strategic analysis and sound judgment on enterprise matters. S/he plays a pivotal role in coordinating, organizing, and prioritizing key issues. In addition, the Chief of Staff collaborates with all levels of the organization, leads meetings, and oversees the planning and execution of tasks ensuring that the CEO can make timely decisions in a dynamic environment.
The successful candidate will be based in any of our offices in Canada or Africa (Ethiopia, Nigeria, Senegal, Ghana, Rwanda, Kenya, or Uganda).
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Works with CEO to shape and articulate the Foundation’s long- and short-term strategic objectives.
- Advances objectives and enables alignment of enterprise initiatives through oversight and coordination of workstreams, regular feedback, and information cascade from the CEO’s office.
- Prepares and/or coordinates development of briefing materials for CEO for meetings, events, or decisions.
- Synthesizes information, including critical information, perspectives of others, factual material, and recommendations for decision-making on particular topics being led by the CEO.
- Develops presentation materials, as required, aimed at high level stakeholder engagements of CEO.
- Works with CEO and Senior Director, Board Governance to provide input and coordinate on Board agendas, support development of Board materials, and follow-up.
- Produces the Quarterly updates for the Executive Committee (ExCo) and Board on progress towards annual goals/KPIs.
- Coordinates with ExCo on agenda topics for Board meetings. Summarizes decisions and guidance from each meeting and debriefs teams on follow-up actions. Tracks these actions in advance of next Board meeting.
- Participates in ExCo and leadership reviews of key topics (e.g., programs, operations, policies, etc.) and follows up to ensure decisions are communicated clearly and implemented in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with ExCo members to develop agendas for ExCo/leadership retreats, General Management Team retreats, and staff updates. This includes direction for these retreats and follow up with accountable parties on agreed outcomes, decisions, and actions.
- Systematically structures and ranks critical matters and avail essential data to facilitate the CEO in making prompt decisions and executing suitable measures.
Stakeholder Engagement and Coordination
- Supports the CEO in high-level meetings (e.g., with Heads of State, senior government officials, business leaders, etc.) and if needed, represents CEO at such meetings (internal and external meetings).
- Builds trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders to advance Foundation’s objectives.
- Provides a strategic view or recommendation on activities/requests for CEO’s time. This includes events, speaking engagements, media interviews, and interactions with staff and external parties. This ensures the CEO’s preparedness and timely completion of follow-up actions from her engagements.
- Coordinates and engages with functional and program leaders to facilitate completion of strategic initiatives.
Communication & Leadership
- Works closely with Policy and Thought Leadership on key messages for speeches, presentations, and other engagements to ensure consistency of voice, values, and vision.
- Plays a leadership role in partnership with the Public Affairs and Communications team, during crises or high-pressure situations, coordinating responses, and ensuring the CEO is informed and able to make timely decisions.
- Provides leadership for strategic and operational planning to ensure efficient running of the office of the CEO.
- Demonstrates effective and trustworthy leadership for leading and planning meetings, determining business requirements, and guiding teams towards success.
- Provide leadership for strategic and operational planning to ensure efficient running of the office of the CEO.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field from a recognized university.
- Relevant professional qualifications and member of a relevant professional body.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in leadership, staffing, and supporting Senior Executives or a CEO.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience as a Chief of Staff in similar contexts.
- Brings in-depth knowledge and experience in international affairs or international development.
- Experience working in various cultural contexts, and with diverse teams.
- Able to be entrusted with delegated power and approach this work with humility.
- A service mindset and works to enable the success of the CEO and team.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills and capable of providing clear feedback diplomatically.
- A natural problem-solver with a strong bias towards achieving results.
- Demonstrates a high degree of emotional intelligence and ability to make decisions.
- Strategic mindset with deep understanding of operations with bias for responsive plan of action.
- Strong collaborative skills and comfortable working with individuals at various levels of the organization.
- Experience in delivering results in a dynamic environment with time-sensitive demands.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Consummate professional who embodies integrity, discretion, trust, humility, and deep listening.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
- You can accommodate a high level of travel.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7th December, 2023