Chief Resource Geologist at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Ghana - Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Chief Resource Geologist
Contract Type/Duration: Permanent
Number of Position(s): One (1)
- To oversee mineral resource modeling and estimation in support of the Long-term Mine Planning and Exploration strategy.
- Conduct geological modelling and mineral resource evaluation of Iduapriem ore bodies in accordance with best practices.
- Ensure sound models are used for business planning and annual Mineral Resource reporting in line with international reporting codes. Scheduling and delivery of integrated planning models.
- Technical support in the monthly reconciliation process, analysis, and implementation of corrective actions in the mine-to-mill reconciliation process. Calculation of planning factors that influence life-of-mine budget.
- Supervision of drillhole database and sampling QAQC
- Mentorship of the team members in geological modelling and mineral resource evaluation
- Optimization of grade control estimation parameters
- Drill spacing studies
- Assistance with mining property and projects valuations
- Cross-functional support to exploration, geology, mining engineering, metallurgy and other functions where required.
- Develop and maintain processes to provide a safe workplace to all employees and external service providers working within area of accountability
- Prepare Mineral Resource estimate reports in line with international reporting code guidelines, i.e., JORC (2012), NI 43-101
- Undertake Mineral Resource estimates using 3D computer methodologies for projects at various stages of development in accordance with international best practices.
- Assist with the Mineral Resource (and possibly Mineral Resource/Reserve) audits associated with multi-disciplinary studies in Technical Audits or Competent Persons Reports levels
- Evaluate laboratories used for sample analysis and relevant analysis of Quality Assurance-Quality Control (QA-QC) measures
- Collecting, recording, and cataloging of geological samples; core logging, QA-QC (Quality Assurance-Quality Control) analysis and interpretation of results, and compilation of formal technical geological reports.
- Continuous working to mitigate environmental risks, prevent pollution, minimise waste, increase carbon efficiency and make efficient use of natural resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Geological Engineering, Geosciences, or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Mineral Resource estimation.
- Competence in one or more software packages such as Datamine, Surpac, Gemcom, Leapfrog, or Vulcan.
- Should have knowledge in other database soft wares e.g., Fusion and Acquire
- Professional registration with a recognized international body e.g., AUSIMM, AIG, GhIG, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of international Mineral Resource and Reserve Reporting Codes
- Demonstrated capability in organizing work, setting priorities, and exercising sound independent judgement
- Ability to work effectively with people, including high performing professional teams
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Preparedness to take a well-reasoned stand on matters of importance
- Must have strong desire to coach and develop others by sharing skills and knowledge
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English
- Must possess very strong human relations skills and ability to interact with people of diverse culture and value
- Medical fitness for the position and environment
- Possess a valid driver’s license and proficiency in driving light vehicle
- Compliance with statutory requirements to sign off as a CP for mineral resources.
- Proficient user of Leapfrog and Datamine
- Sound understanding of scripting and/or macro writing principles
- Technical acumen and analytical thinking.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 23rd May. 2022