Chief Procurement Officer (AfCFTA) at African Union
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: African Union
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Purpose of Job
Assists in the management and supervision of the procurement activities of the AfCFTA Secretariat to ensure delivery of results within proposed, Rules, Regulations, budget and timeframe.
- Provide technical and intellectual support and guidance in the management of various procurement bodies related to the area of work.
- Manage the Secretariat of the Local Internal Procurement Committee
- Design AfCFTA Secretariat a comprehensive Annual Procurement Plan
- Develop and implement comprehensive procurement record policy
- Address audit problems
- Monitor and Evaluate the implementation of the various procurement activities
- Implementation of the proceedings of the Tender Board in accordance with the African Union Procurement Guidelines
- Follow-up on the Implementation of tasks allocated by the Tender Board to the sub-committees such as the Local Tender Board, Evaluation Committee, Opening Committee and Inspection Committee
- Take minutes and keep records of Tender Board meetings
- Function as desk officer on all Tender Board issues and develop a system of keeping archives of bid documents and other Tender Board matters
- Prepare Tender documents in liaison with the Head of Departments in accordance with AUC regulations and internationally accepted standards and procedures
- Prepare requests for bids for tenders not requiring the usual Tendering process on the basis
- Produce periodic statements on the work of the Tender Board in reference to executed contracts and procurements approved and
- performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Academic Requirements And Relevant Experience
Master’s degree in Management, Procurement, Supply Chain, Law, Commerce, Business Administration or Public Administration with 7 years post qualification experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, Public Procurement, Administration out of which 3 years should be at a supervisory level
Bachelor’s degree in similar studies with 10 years’ relevant experience and 3 years at Supervisor level.
Experience in web-based management / ERP system, such as SAP.
- A demonstrated ability to initiate and promote collaborative approaches and implementing joint activities;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations both internally and externally in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity, including gender balance
- Ability to assist in developing clear program goals, plans and actions that are consistent with agreed strategies and to appropriately delegate, monitor and adjust these plans and actions
- Ability to produce clear and professional reports
- Proficiency in one of the AU officials working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage;
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 5th May, 2023