Chief of Party (COP) at JSI Research & Training Institute
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: JSI Research & Training Institute
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
World Education, a division of JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI/WE) is seeking a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID Ghana Youth Activity, a program aimed at improving the socioeconomic status of youth in northern Ghana through youth-led and youth-serving organizations. The program will focus on generating cross-sectoral engagement and positive youth development outcomes, allowing youth to make better life decisions and influence policy. The activity will give special attention to the needs of girls, youth with disabilities, and other marginalized groups.
• The Chief of Party (COP) will provide leadership, management, and technical assistance for youth employment and empowerment program design, delivery, and management.
• The COP is responsible for the overall planning, implementation, monitoring, and management of the performance of the award and for the vision, strategic direction, and management of the project to achieve the objectives and expected outcomes of the project.
• The COP will supervise personnel and oversee quality technical control in the target regions.
• The position is also responsible for overall leadership and supervision of JSI/WE’s in-country staff and consortium partners, stewarding JSI/WE resources, and conducting program wide performance management.
• Provide project leadership and technical direction, aligned with project objectives, technical standards to achieve the greatest coverage and impact;
• Lead and facilitate effective partnerships with local youth education and employment institutions, the public and private sector, partners, civil society and other youth empowerment stakeholders;
• Serve as principal contact and principal representative of JSI/WE to USAID, and the Government of Ghana; keep up to date on developments in USAID and Government development strategies;
• upervise staff to ensure timely achievement of program results;
• Manage subcontracting partners; ensure coordinated inputs and technical / managerial quality of all partners and employees;
• Manage, supervise and coordinate all project planning and implementation, including timely deployment of the project team;
• Monitor progress of project activities, report to USAID and partners on progress and program outcomes, ensure project deliverables are met on time;
• Outline internal lines of communication for effective management;
• Coordinate with other donor funded Implementation Partners, as appropriate;
• Organize and manage external communications and provide information dissemination;
• Supervise program staff to ensure timely product delivery and regular reporting
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in education, social sciences or equivalent required;
• At least 6-8 years of consecutive proven work experience in international youth empowerment programs or similar donor support initiatives in related areas, including management positions;
• Strategic planning experience and financial management oversight is critical;
• Familiarity with USAID’s Positive Youth Development Framework, including an understanding of civic engagement, health and well-being of youth in the target areas;
• Solid knowledge of youth employment and non-formal education in Northern Ghana or West Africa, particularly issues affecting the opportunities for employment is highly desirable;
• Prior experience in managing USAID-funded programs and strong knowledge of USAID’s financial management systems, programs and reporting requirements, preferred;
• Program/project management experience working with rural, underserved populations in conflict-affected areas;
• Ability to manage a consortium with international and national subcontractors;
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of capacity building and professional development in a developing country, preferably in Ghana or West Africa.
• Experience working in northern Ghana is highly desired;
• Effective oral and written communication skills to make formal and informal presentations and compose professional and analytical reports and program documents in English.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Method of ApplicationQualified persons are required to send their cover letter and resume (CV) marked "Positive Youth Development Technical Advisor" to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 03 November, 2023
JSI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply