Chief Manager – Scheme Oversight at Ghana Irrigation Development Authority (GIDA)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Ghana Irrigation Development Authority (GIDA)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Ghana Irrigation Development Authority (GIDA) is a reputable State Owned Enterprise and a key strategic organization under the Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MOFA). Therefore, GIDA is charged with the responsibility for irrigation development in Ghana and by default the state agency that leads agricultural water management technologies for increased agricultural production and efficient use of water for agriculture.
The water bodies created by GIDA are also utilized for inland aquaculture development in partnership with the Fisheries Commission to ensure the fish protein needs of residents of inland regions are satisfactorily met. Thus, GIDA seeks to provide national leadership in the planning, promotion, development and utilisation of available water resource for agricultural use to ensure food security and enhanced livelihoods for the people living in Ghana.
Qualified persons are needed for immediate employment to complete the undermentioned established positions in the Authority: Chief Manager – Scheme Oversight
• The incumbent provides technical support to the CEO through the Deputy Chief Executive (Scheme Oversight) in the management of irrigation schemes across the country, direct oversight over all Irrigation Scheme Managers, direct and crucial backstopping of all Scheme Managers in resolution of day to day famer support services issues, resolution of conflicts and misunderstandings that may arise between any scheme and the host communities and reporting same to the CE through the Deputy CE (SO).
• As a liaison between the schemes and the CE, the Chief Manager SO is required to serve copies of all reports, actions being taken or intended to be taken in addressing all relevant scheme management issues to the office of the CE to apprise the CE at all times on happenings on irrigation schemes.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Master’s Degree in any relevant discipline (eg. Irrigation Agronomy, Extension, Horticulture, Soils, Rice Cultivation, Agricultural Economics, Sociology (only with Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture))
• Membership of a relevant Professional Body is an advantage.
• Not less than ten (10) years relevant working experience with at least two (2) years as a Deputy Chief Manager or (3) years as Deputy Director responsible for crops/extension or Agronomy or a Principal Agronomist 15 years’ service and as an accomplished Irrigation Scheme Manager with a track record of five (5) years successful scheme management of a large irrigation scheme.
• Age: Not more than 55 years
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified interested applicants are required to demonstrate very good competencies in leadership and managerial skills; in ter-personal relationship; communication skills commensurate with performance expected of management personnel of an institution charged with such critical responsibilities in the Food and Agriculture sector.
Applicants are required to submit detailed CVs and not more than 4 pages Motivation Paper highlighting how one intends to use the position to contribute towards promoting the business of irrigated agriculture in Ghana. Also, Women are highly encouraged to apply.
All applications must be addressed to:
The Board Secretary,
Irrigation Development Authority,
Box M 154 Ministries,
Accra: GL-090 6133
Preferably hand delivered to GIDA head office at the GPS address
Closing Date: 30 September, 2022