Chief Commercial Officer at Jumia
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Jumia
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem.
With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Overview Of This Role
To maintain the company’s position as a long-standing E-commerce leader, Jumia Ghana is seeking a Chief Commercial Officer to drive commercial success of the company and shape its strategic plan for growth. As part of Ghana’s Executive Committee, the CCO owns the topline of the country’s P&L and is responsible for creating and executing Jumia’s business plan while managing day to day performance execution.
The CCO oversees 4 teams, namely Key Account Management, Commercial Planning, Cross Border E-commerce and Vendor Success (our long tail of marketplace vendors)
- Delivering the topline of the business (GMV + revenue), in line or ahead of targets
- DevelopstrategicandtacticaldirectionforallcommercialfunctionsincludingKeyAccountManagement,Commercial Planning, Cross Border E-commerce and VendorSuccess
- Responsible for the structure, competence and efficiency of the Commercialorganization
- Collaboratecloselywithcross-functionalteamsincludingMarketing,Legal,Finance,Operations,Logisticsetc.toensure outstanding customer and sellerexperience
- Deliver successful roll-out of commercial events such as Jumia Anniversary and BlackFriday
- Develop strategic partnerships with C-level executives of key brands and sellers; owning the partner relationship end to end, from initial scoping to negotiation and execution
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of 8+ years’ experience in consulting, Telco, banking or senior commercial leadership roles in E-commerce/FMCG/or Retail, with demonstrated effective management of large teams
- Proven success in sales & delivering growth
- High growth/emerging market/start-up experience is an additional advantage
- Top-tier business/engineering graduate school or MBA
- Strong project management, analytical and prioritization skills
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th Oct. 2021