Chief Commercial Officer at Jumia
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Jumia
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
The Chief Commercial Officer is the owner of Jumia’s commercial performance in his or her country.
He/she is responsible for the P&L of the company; he/she handles all teams related to key account management, marketplaces, commercial planning, and cross-border e-commerce.
This is definitely one of the most senior and critical jobs at Jumia. The value of the company widely relies on the Chief Commercial Officer’s ability to make the right decisions and his or her ability to manage the team toward execution while retaining and growing the best talents.
The Chief Commercial Officer is the main point of contact for investors, Group CEOs, Group CCO and the country CEO when it comes to assessing Jumia’s performance trajectory versus the business plan.
The Chief Commercial Officer is eventually responsible for delivering a world-class customer and vendor experience thanks to the right assortment, perfect online ergonomics, the best prices and the most innovative marketing campaigns.
Your position as CCO entails:
- Overachieving the targets of
- Net Merchandize Value (NMV)
- Gross margin (PC1)
- Items sold
- Base of active sellers
- Vendor Net Promoter Score
- Pricing positioning index (being rolled out)
- Jumia Express share
- Building, managing, growing a team of talents over 4 departments
- Key account management, managing the biggest sellers on Jumia
- Marketplace, managing the tail of sellers from acquisition to performance and operation management
- Commercial Planning, planning the commercial activity around weekly campaigns and Tier 1 events such Black Friday, analysing the performance to highlight growth opportunities, managing the inventory, managing pricing
- Cross border ecommerce (Jumia Global), liaising with our teams in China and in Europe to ensure the growth of international sellers on our local platforms
- Developing tight professional and personal relationships with senior executives at brand and seller side (Intel, Lenovo, Sony, Xiaomi, etc.)
- Being recognized as an expert on your market internally and externally, understanding and anticipating market trends, understanding seller and customer needs
- Conveying a clear vision to the team, the management and the functional leaders on what you want to achieve
- Organizing key commercial events such as Black Friday, Jumia Anniversary, Mobile Week
- Ensuring we find a balance between the customer and the seller experience, enabling a tremendous growth of our base of sellers and our assortment while protecting the customer experience
- Setting up a proper pricing strategy to offer the widest range of genuine products at the lowest price
- Building a very friendly user interface for our vendors and our customers by being strongly involved in our tech developments
A successful candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
Overall at Jumia, we are looking for passionate people bringing energy and clarity.
- Strong management and inter-personal skills
- Strong drive
- Exceptional commercial skills
- Very detail oriented
- Ability to anticipate, structure and organize
- Resistant to stress
- Finding simple solutions to complex problems
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
Please ensure to only apply for jobs with Jumia through our official website.
Jumia will never charge you a fee to apply for a job: be wary of websites that claim to help you apply for a Jumia job or that charge a fee to get you a job.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th Jan, 2024