CCIB Business Finance Partner at Standard Chartered Bank
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Ghana - Standard Chartered Bank Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
- Collect and present relevant financial data to help in the formulation of the strategy of the CCIB business and monitor progress towards Key Performance Indicators
* Assist the CCIB business in all matters relating to Customer Profitability Reporting
* Partner business in establishing a low and value for money cost base
* Assist business in analysing variance reports and variations from stated strategies
* Highlight regularly performance and execution gaps from agreed strategies and recommend remedial actions.
* Ensure that the CCIB balance sheets align to deliver performance targets and continuously leveraged to deliver optimum revenues.
* Perform regular segment, customer and product profitability reviews to ensure that value is not being destroyed
* Act as Financial Advisor to the CCIB business in matters relating to Finance
Performance Management & Reporting
* Ensure CCIB monthly reporting is timely and accurate at both product and customer segment levels. This includes the consistent application of the Funds Transfer Pricing and Cost Allocation methodologies
* Assist business to undertake the financial analysis of monthly performance, ensure the performance reviews and forecasts are robust and the deals pipeline managed effectively
Budgeting, Forecasting and Planning
- Provide financial input and co-ordinate the formulation of the Business operating plans/budget and monitor progress towards its achievement, drawing attention to important trends, risks and opportunities to maximize earnings and minimize risk
Financial Control & Operational Risk
* Review and monitor the business performance against Group policies for market risk, liquidity management, local regulatory and other statutory requirements
* Manage the CCIB cost-centres
* Ensure adherence of the business to the Financial Controls Policies, CCIB booking principles and the Group accounting policies
* Ensure that the CCIB business complies with taxation, capital, regulatory and statutory accounting requirements
- Review the operational risk reports for the unit (Control Sample Tests, Key Control Indicators, Key Risk Indicators, Material Risk Events, etc)
- Ensure all identified risks are tracked and mitigating solutions deployed
- Ensure all the CCIB tagged accounts are owned and promptly substantiated
- Participate in all operational risk committees/fora discussions and providing input in key risk areas with proposed mitigating actions.
Capital and Liquidity Management
- Assist the business on capital management
- Track RoRWA and provide guidance on pricing issues
- Ensure that the business complies with the Group liquidity policies
- Assist in the evaluation of projects which are specific to the CCIB business in accordance with Group and local guidelines and contribute fully to their implementation
- Assist business with the financial projections in preparation of PARs
- Ensure that project accounting principles and tracking mechanisms (including benefit tracking) are in place for all CCIB projects.
- Proactively manage stakeholders and provide prompt solutions to their needs
- Ensure that the team is adequately equipped to support the business.
- Liaise with the Hub to deliver standardized reports accurately and on time
Our Ideal Candidate
- MBA in Business, or Accounting or Professional Qualification (CIMA, CPA, CA, ACCA, CFA or its equivalent) plus at least ten years post qualification experience, four of which should be in senior management position with relevant / specific banking experience
- High level of computer literacy and understanding of business computing environments
- Knowledge of Banking Products
- Strong knowledge of the local and international Banking environment
- Strong knowledge in Management and Accounting principles
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player and builder
- Knowledge of internal markets and dynamics
- Fair degree of understanding of economics
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th June. 2022