Category Manager, Africa at GBfoods
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: GBfoods
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
At GBfoods we offer culinary solutions in several countries of Europe and Africa with prestigious leading local brands, including Jumbo, Gallina Blanca, Erasco, Gino, Liebig, Star, Bama, D&L, Grand’Italia and Blå Band, among others.
Our Purpose “Celebrating local flavours” is to empower and take care of each of the local communities we belong to and to bring out their authentic flavours. Some of our local brands have been in consumers’ kitchens for over a century and have positioned themselves as authentically loved brands, as well as deeply rooted parts of the local culture.
Today, with a turnover of around 1,4 billion euros and a team of around 3,300 people, we are the preferred choice of millions of consumers.
We are in search of a dynamic Category Manager to join our Africa Regional team,
The mission of this role is to drive project management excellence, actively contribute to the development of our product innovation pipeline, and build a holistic brand strategy that aligns with our overarching objectives
Role & Responsibilities:
- Guide the development and execution of the wider Africa product innovation pipeline and collaborate with the business units to move projects from ideation to launch.
- Build consumer-driven innovation pipeline and product propositions with collaboration from key cross-functional teams (insights, analytics, R&D)
- Develop business cases (in collaboration with R&D, operations, sales, finance, supply chain, procurement, etc.) that deliver key performance indicators including developing cost estimates, pricing, and capex.
- Lead project commercialization, taking projects from idea to execution in collaboration with key cross-functional teams (product development, operations, regulatory, legal, finance, sales, etc.) – includes product and packaging development, manufacturing pathways, marketing mix.
- Analyse industry and consumer trends and develop long-term strategies for product categories to maximize consumer appeal.
What can you expect from us?
You will contribute to the success of our fast-growing and sustainable international organization which is committed to investing in Africa; while enjoying a differential employee experience.
What we expect from you?
We expect that you bring aboard your authentic personality and experience in effectively delivering on culinary brand category management.
Knowledge And Experiences
- A bachelor’s degree, in Business, Marketing or related subject matter. Advanced degree is a plus.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in consumer goods in leadership capacity
- Entrepreneurial with the understanding of true ownership of a business or category – ability to think quickly and make pivots based on an evolving story.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative consumer-driven product plans and commercialize with excellence
- Experience in designing and delivering consumer value propositions.
- Passion for the consumer with creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience in the commercialization process involving new product development
- Knowledge of French language is a plus.
- Willing to travel frequently
Skills And Attitudes
- Team orientated with a successful track record based on executing cross-functional projects
- Ability to think out-of-the box and drive creative solutions.
- Ability to set agenda and chart course forward in a lean team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills while being process orientated
- Adaptation in an evolving environmentStrategic and transformational mindset
- Ability to read and analyze consumer research and syndicated data and trends.
- Experience with understanding/interpreting financials.
- Project Management skills
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th October, 2023