2 Mar 2022
Business Planning Manager to Country CEO at Standard Chartered Bank
Recruit candidates with Ease. 100% recruitment control with Employer Dashboard.
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
Get a professional CV today and stay ahead in the job market. Request CV Service
- Company: Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Ghana - Standard Chartered Bank Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Core responsibility of the job holder will be to support the Country CEO in the effective delivery of her/ his mandate. The job holder will assist and advise the Country CEO in all aspects of her/ his role, including coordinating and leveraging internal and external resources, as required. The job holder needs to display exemplary business acumen, interpersonal skills, a strong commitment to service and collaboration, and a willingness to be flexible around working hours.
Assist Country CEO to:
- Communicate the Group’s global strategy, priorities and objectives to all staff in country.
- Develop a consolidated country strategy ensuring alignment with the Group, Africa Region and West Africa cluster strategy. This involves leading the country business strategy development process, challenging segment and product heads, raising issues and working to reach agreement, ensuring alignment of the support functions and that they are adequately equipped.
- Develop and implement an effective country plan that supports operational resilience and the delivery of the country strategy, including people, premises, technology, and behaviours. Ensure that the country plan is aligned to the short, medium- and longer-term aspirations of the Group, Africa Region and West Africa Cluster.
- Support the execution of the business strategy for Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking and Consumer, Private & Business Banking in country.
- Lead strategic and corporate development discussions involving the country and oversee all corporate development/ M&A transactions.
- Approve the country strategy for all businesses and functions, in consultation with Regional Business and Functional Heads.
- Collectively manage performance of the business strategic agenda items, refresh the strategic agenda and present strategic agenda to the Board of Directors and the Regional Management Team for approval.
Assist the Country CEO to:
- Deliver country budget and own P&L accountability.
- Drive the country business agenda and bring alignment across the businesses and functions by working with the regional/ cluster segment and product heads to maximise and protect franchise value and resolve issues.
- Act as an executive sponsor to develop sovereign and key Corporate client relationships.
- Champion and support network and cross-border business initiatives aimed at maximising total Group franchise value, maintaining neutrality as to where business is booked.
- Oversee the country Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking and Consumer, Private & Business Banking businesses by:
- Working closely with regional/ cluster Heads of Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking and Consumer, Private & Business Banking especially in the development and implementation of business strategy and the resolution of material issues/risks.
- Supporting determination of the country resource allocation.
- Enable country financial performance by:
- Ensuring country balance sheet is managed effectively, including liquidity management and efficient use of capital, to support the execution of any strategy and business plans.
- Facilitating collaboration amongst Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking and Consumer, Private & Business Banking, Transaction Banking, Financial Markets and Wealth Management.
- Identifying and developing white spaces within the country.
- Supporting business and functional heads in driving business with sovereign relationships.
- Challenging country business performance and aspiration relative to competition.
- Ensuring alignment of business budgets and targets with balance sheet considerations, supporting infrastructure (people, systems and property) and strategy.
- Optimising country resource allocation (Capital & Liquidity) and seeking appropriate tradeoffs.
- Supporting prudent cost management.
- Recommending and enabling appropriate acquisition or disposal of businesses and/or subsidiaries.
- Ensure adherence to the Group Code of Conduct and Policies & procedures.
People and Talent
- Work closely with HR team/ Business Partners to coordinate the Country People agenda across businesses and functions through specific people plan projects/ initiatives.
- Coordinate and ensure timely completion of performance management activities through the review cycles for Country CEO’s direct reports and support the review of Certified Persons in line with the Individual Accountability Regime.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations.
- Ensure appropriate collation and elevation of Operational Risks, Compliance, Conduct and Audit reviews and issues across businesses and functions.
- Maintain records and track business updates of all material complaints (service or legal) brought to the attention of the CEO’s office. Keep CEO informed of status updates to ensure closure.
- Manage all aspects of the Senior Manager Regime responsibilities of the Country CEO, including keeping the reasonable steps documented and up to date; ensuring appropriate governance for areas of responsibility, including a Management Information process that allows the Country CEO to receive appropriate and timely information from businesses and functions.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost care and responsibility.
- Support the CEO with regular and ad-hoc report preparation.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the country / business unit / function efforts to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: (Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment).
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- All Staff
- Board of Directors
- Executive Committee
- Company Secretariat
- Corporate Affairs, Brand & Marketing
- Human Resources
- SCB Group, Regional and Cluster CEO’s Office.
- Other Regional Management Team office
- All existing and prospective Customers
- Government Agencies and Regulators
- Stakeholders of the Bank.
- Be a key contact for the direct reports of the Country CEO and the wider Country business and function units.
- Work with the Personal Assistant to the CEO to optimise time management for the Country CEO including:
- Managing agenda for overseas visits.
- Identifying individuals for the Country CEO to meet.
- Having oversight of Country CEO’s annual calendar planner ensuring optimal alignment with functional and Group objectives.
- Coordinate and ensure timely delivery and follow through of Country CEO deliverables to Board, Board Committees and other bank wide Committees.
- Act as secretary and coordinator of the Country Executive Committee (ExCo) including coordination of meetings, setting agenda to ensure coverage of strategic priorities and business as usual topics, prepare meeting packs by collating and reviewing necessary submissions/ papers, attending and following up on key actions and preparation of Committee meeting minutes.
- Undertake specific business projects for the Country CEO.
- Drive the communication agenda, working with Corporate Affairs, Brand & marketing in the development and execution of the Country CEOs communications plan to help ensure effective communication of key messages across the wider bank.
- Partner with Corporate Affairs to drive the Community Strategy agenda on priorities, as agreed.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong writing and communication skills with the ability to articulate well.
- Strong inquisitive mind with the ability to structure information logically.
- Ability to see the big picture and appreciate the strategic intent.
- A team player with the ability to interact and work with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritise and handle a stretching, diverse workload.
- A self-starter with a hands-on style and determination to make a difference.
- Ability to work on broad strategic projects and day-to-day process-oriented tasks.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in order to handle changing priorities and urgent requests from management.
- The capability to operate independently and with the maturity to run with several business initiatives in parallel.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to operate with minimal guidance and identify priorities.
- Demonstrated strategic capability, with a capability to attend to detail and financial data.
- Languages: excellent command of English.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 11th March. 2022
Employers are looking for you. Upload your Résumé. Start Now!!
Job Fraud Alert.
Do not pay money to any Employer for interview or recruitment. Call +233(0)20 181 0730 to Report