Business Development: Dutch Partnership Associate at International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a non-profit Public International Organization (PIO) that combines innovative research, markets systems development, and strategic partnerships to spread sustainable agricultural solutions for improved soil health, food security, and livelihoods around the world. IFDC has nearly 50 years of experience in designing and implementing projects that focus on improving agricultural productivity in a sustainable manner. We strive to develop better fertilizer and production technologies, transfer these improved technologies to smallholder farmers, and connect these farmers to efficient and profitable markets. DUTIESDuties May IncludeThis position will play an important role in coordinating and supporting the management of IFDC’s overall business development efforts, focusing on elevating Dutch partnerships. The Dutch partnership officer will contribute with input to individual proposals, and associated business development marketing materials. This will require close cooperation and collaboration with multiple other offices and divisions engaged with business development at IFDC.
- Coordinating and supporting the management of proposal development teams and acting as principal liaison with technical writers and others within IFDC and with partner organizations who may be contributing to proposal development;
- Liaise with Dutch donors, private sector, Dutch Embassies and partner organizations to identify and monitor new business opportunities across IFDC country offices
- Supporting the Dutch Accounts team in developing a strategy to engage in and optimize Dutch partnerships
- Support Dutch-funded projects with coordination, stakeholder engagement, reporting duties and other related duties as required.
- Developing and deploying systems for tracking new business development opportunities as well as preparation and timely submission of quality proposals; tracking, analyzing and reporting on the proposal process/success;
- Providing general support to IFDC’s business development processes, including maintaining the business development tracker;
- Drafting sections of proposals and business development marketing materials: management plans, corporate capability statements, and personnel inputs for proposals;
- Supporting the Finance Division with cost volume inputs including budgets; Cooperating with the Human Resources Unit to support recruitment of personnel for proposals, including formatting CVs, drafting bioblurbs, and managing the biodata process;
- Performing a variety of other related duties as required.
DIFFICULTY OF WORKThis position requires knowledge of general approaches to new business development,especially in the Dutch development sector; donor/funding agency proposal format and application requirements; and familiarity with IFDC’s work. The successful candidate will exercise good judgement to ensure that all solicitation requirements are met.RESPONSIBILITYThe successful applicant incumbent will be able to work mainly independently, and withminimum supervision and oversight; s/he will be an autonomous highly motivated, self-starter. S/he will demonstrate interpersonal skills such that s/he will be able to autonomously interact with partners, client and donors, to promote IFDC in the field. There may be opportunity to supervise entry level or intern level staff.PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPSContact is made with technical staff, project leaders, and division directors to persuade staff to complete general business development and proposal components in a timely manner. Incumbent will be encouraged to interact with the broader international development community, to include USAID staff in Washington DC and globally.PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENTThis position requires working in a normal office environment with no unusual physical demands or exposure to hazardous situations.Occasional travel to IFDC outposted locations may be required.Required SkillsRequired ExperienceThis position requires creativity and the ability to communicate effectively in order toThis Job Will Require The Followingpersuade potential funding sources that IFDC has the capability and realistic plans to achieve development objectives that warrant their investment.
- Exceptionally strong ability to communicate both in writing and verbally; superlative writing and editing skills; experience in communications is desirable;
- Affinity with the key trends in the Dutch development sector and experience in working with/in Dutch partnerships
- Ability to perform under time pressure, be flexible, work independently, manage multiple tasks, and work effectively in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment. High level of initiative and enthusiasm, adaptability, and flexibility
- Ability to work effectively with others to assemble contributions from multiple sources and to combine them into a unified, coherent document under tight deadline conditions;
- Strong presentation, writing and negotiation skills, including the ability to elaborate partnership projects and grant proposals
- Sense of initiative, discretion, mature judgment, and entrepreneurial spirit is required
- Ability to conceptualize and present ideas and concepts in various graphic formats to economically convey a large volume of information and to make a strong impression on proposal evaluators; Innovation and strategic thinking are highly valued;
- Familiarity with a wide range of software packages including word processing, document publishing, spreadsheets, graphic design, database management, project management, etc.;
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to international development and at least 4 years of relevant work experience. Knowledge of and/or experience in a developing country context and affinity with Dutch partnerships is desirable.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently to other IFDC offices and activities. in the region.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th August, 2023