Business Analyst at Systems for Development (S4D)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Systems for Development (S4D)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
To improve the distribution and management of pharmaceutical commodities in the Ghana public health supply chain, it is necessary to implement a Health Information Exchange (HIE) platform that enables the interoperability of all systems within the supply chain management ecosystem. This includes facilitating the exchange of data, standardization of products and site naming, creating product and site registries, and enabling analytical capabilities to assist the Ghana Ministry of Health in commodity planning, management, and decision-making. The goal is to provide the necessary technical support to ensure that all systems in the Ghana public health supply chain ecosystem can communicate with each other, provide end-to-end supply chain visibility, and improve commodity management.
Systems for Development, a US-based leading consultancy firm focused on transforming organizational performance through sustainable information and communication technology, seeks a Business Analyst on the Ghana public health supply chain HIE project.
The role of the Business Analyst is crucial in ensuring that the HIE platform meets the operational and strategic needs of Ghana MoH by bridging the gap between technical teams and business stakeholders. The Business Analyst will act as a liaison between business stakeholders and technical teams, analyzing, documenting, and communicating requirements for the development, implementation, and enhancement of the HIE platform. The analyst will be responsible for gathering requirements and analyzing and documenting existing business processes and systems to identify opportunities for improving the integration of Ghana MoH public health systems.
The analyst will collaborate with the technical team to map data requirements and ensure seamless integration between the HIE platform and other healthcare systems. Together with the technical experts, the analyst will define data exchange protocols and standards. The analyst will support the development of test plans and coordinate UAT activities to ensure that the HIE platform meets business requirements. Additionally, the analyst will collaborate with end-users to validate that system functionality aligns with business expectations. The analyst will work with the team to provide training and support to end-users during the implementation phase and ongoing platform usage while leading the creation of user guides and documentation to facilitate HIE understanding and adoption.
Job Title: Business Analyst
Job Location: Accra
Company Name: Systems for Development (S4D)
To ensure the effective implementation of the HIE platform, the Business Analyst will perform the following activities:
• Identifies stakeholder requirements, assists in determining product registry and product catalogue needs and supports development of registries.
• Successfully elicit and document data terms, definitions, standards, and master data management processes.
• Identify and document future state business, data, and other functional requirements.
• Collaborate across both processes and data domains to document the assigned data domain needs.
• Define future state use cases and associated business process flow diagrams and ensure it is embedded in the development of the master data.
• Create documentation of the master data development process and provide input to future state training procedures and standard operating procedures for managing master data.
• Assist in Change Management (CM).
• Work proactively across the Ministries to identify supply chain data sources, system owners, data users, and data processes.
• Identify and prepare test data to support testing phases and related test suites.
• Assist with system and user acceptance testing.
Desired Key Skills:
• Strong communication/ leadership skills.
• Ability to collaborate with supporting resources across the MOH.
• Have excellent oral and written skills and possess strong meeting and work session facilitation skills.
• Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, the ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines.
• Have strong understanding of prioritization stemming from the elicitation of master data requirements.
• Have excellent organizational skills, proven analytical, planning, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
• Must be knowledgeable in the English language/speak clearly and understandably use the English language.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information technology, engineering, Management Information Systems, Healthcare Management.
• Proven experience as a business analyst, preferably in the healthcare or health IT industry.
• Understanding of health information exchange concepts, standards, and regulations.
• Understand relational databases and some of the applications and programs used by those databases.
• Be conversant with process flow diagrams, business process modelling and the tools used for such.
• Team-oriented and collaborative working style, both with clients and those within the organization.
• Growth mindset, positive attitudeand strong interest to solve client challenges, adapt to a changing work environment and deal with new issues.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with project management methodologies and tools.
Method of ApplicationTo apply, kindly submit your application to:
[email protected] No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Closing Date: 21 January, 2024
Notice: Be available to start work immediately.