Barman at Reputable Four-Star Hotel
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Reputable Four-Star Hotel
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel and Tourism Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
A Four-Star Hotel in the Upper West Region is looking for a full-time Barman to provide an excellent guest experience. The ideal individual should be energetic and creative. They should have a passion for creating and serving top quality beverages and the service industry.
The right person for this position needs to have the personality, patience and perseverance to thrive in this role. They need to be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with the Kitchen, wait staff as well as guests. They need to pick up on issues that guests may have promptly; and should they not be able to solve it; bring it under the attention of their supervisor.
Keep in mind that Barman duties require working shifts and during weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, it is the duty of a Barman to provide an excellent overall dining experience to our guests.
If you are excited about the service industry and taking care of people professionally; we would like to meet you.
Include but are not limited to:
- Prepare alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages for bar and restaurant patrons
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
- Plan and present bar menu
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Planning drink menus and informing customers about new beverages and specials
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol
- Taking inventory and ordering supplies to ensure bar and tables are well-stocked
- Adhering to all food safety and quality regulations
- Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment.
- Developing new cocktail recipes
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent knowledge of mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of a second language is a plus
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
- Attentive to detail
- Meets state minimum age to serve alcohol
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Positive, engaging personality, and professional appearance
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Eye for detail and understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, etc. for extended periods, and lift up to 25 lbs
- At least 5 years as a barman or in a similar role
- High school diploma
- Basic math and computer skills
- Additional education, training, certificates, or experience may be an advantage
- Relevant training certificate will be a plus
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
Send your application to join our team today!
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV - Click Here to Continue and Apply
Closing Date : 2nd August. 2022