Banquet Manager at Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel and Tourism Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country.
The Mission of the Banquet Manager is to manage the Food & Beverage outlet in the department in developing a successful independent profit center, thereby ensuring that all functions are successfully executed in a courteous and professional manner in ensuring maximum Guest satisfaction, consistent in accordance with Kempinski Standards.
- Be constantly involved in the operation, to ensure that there is a senior manager opening and closing every single function.
- Assure that the staff engage the Guest in small talk, which will give him / her feeling of being at home and not just being served food and drinks,
- Conduct daily pre-shift briefings to employees on preparation, functions and services.
- Use approved suggestive selling techniques to up-sell products with higher profit margin
- Make sure that staff handles all food, beverage and operating equipment with care, in order to minimize breakages and wastage.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of beverage recipes and also good knowledge of various foods and its preparation.
- Maintain responsibility for the set up and cleanliness of the entire Banquet outlet.
- Establish and strictly adhere to the par stocks for all operating equipment, supplies, and inventoried items and also, to ensure that the Banquet outlets are adequately equipped.
- Conduct monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment’s and supplies.
- Order all supplies, China and Glass ware as needed.
- Provide the Purchasing Department with detailed Product and Purchase Specifications for items used in the Banquet outlets.
- Supervise the Team Leader and the Waiter / Waitress staff, verifying that their workstations are stocked with materials and also neat and orderly.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in regards to the hotel policy on Fire, Hygiene and Health & Safety.
- Be aware of the service sequence and to correct the Waiter / Waitress staff and Team Leaders if necessary, thereby coaching staff on how to achieve Banquet revenue goals.
- Train staff and also use approved suggestive selling techniques to up sell products with higher profit margin.
- Establish correct cash handling procedures; and also see to it that all Guest checks are prepared through MICROS at the end of the event.
- Obtain and account for the correct settlement of all sales and be overall responsible for cashier / Banquet floats and their maintenance.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of standard policies and procedures regarding cash handling, check-writing, credit cards, city ledger and customer ledger.
- Evaluate Banquet’s food and beverage menus, and therefore gives suggestions for improvement to the Assistant Food and Beverage Manager.
- Ensure that the monthly forecasted Food and Beverage revenue figures are achieved.
- Schedule employees in line with varying business levels in order to maximize productivity and minimize payroll costs.
- Select and recruit suitable employees for the department using prescribed set of policies and procedures.
- Train staff to have full knowledge of alcohol and liquor policies and regulations and also comply fully with them.
- Train employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum levels of productivity and efficiency.
- Fully support the Departmental Training Function in the Department assigned.
- Attend all meetings as required by the Executive Management.
- Conduct monthly staff meetings and also annual performance evaluations.
- Prepare and participate in the monthly Objective Review.
- Participate in the formulation of the Annual Operating Budget in determining projected revenues and expenses, operating equipment and FF&E requirements in line with the compilation of the Annual Business Plan.
- Ensure that all food and beverage outlets operation’s manuals are prepared and updated annually.
- Maintain daily log book and communications boards and also submit all Guest / Staff incident report.
- Attend weekly Food & Beverage Meeting and also Daily Operations Meeting.
- Report “Lost and Found” items and handle them in accordance to the Policy & Procedures.
- Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- Understand that business demands sometimes, makes it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shifts to other shifts.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- BA/BSc in Hospitality Management or related field, preferably from hotel school or MBA.
- Minimum 2 years in F&B management role, preferably with a 5* Hotel chain.
- English – excellent oral and written skills.
- Additional language – beneficial.
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Passionate for Food & Beverage
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Business Acumen
- Sense of responsibility
- Team player
- Analytical thinker
- Flexible and reliable
- Tolerant and open minded
- Works well under pressure
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th Oct. 2021