Backend Developer, SOLV Ghana – SC Ventures at Standard Chartered Bank
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Ghana - IT/Telecom Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Backend Developer will support the Technology Lead/ Chief Technology Officer in the building of a full technology stack to produce scalable software solutions. The Backend Developer will be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As a Backend Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries, experience in building products across the stack and a firm understanding of web frameworks, APIs, databases, and multiple back-end languages. The full stack developer will join a small team that uses new technology to solve challenges for both the front-end and back-end architecture, ultimately delivering amazing experiences for Solv Ghana platform users.
- Support the Technology Lead/ Chief Technology Officer in driving the technical vision, strategy, direction of SOLV Ghana
- Work with the Technology Lead/ Chief Technology Officer, and partners on the technology build, vendor engineering engagements, etc to help deliver features and capabilities aligned to the business model of SOLV Ghana
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
People & Talent
- Support the development of an appropriate culture that upholds the values of SOLV Ghana. Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders to anticipate horizon risks that may have a significant impact on the Ventures Technology and help develop effective strategies to mitigate such risks
- Attend relevant meetings and provide relevant reports to Senior Management and Governance/ Risk committees for the area of responsibility
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Support the achievement within SOLV Ghana, the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Global Technology Team
- Other Tech Heads
- 3rd party Vendors
Skills and experience
- Minimum of a First Degree required
- Minimum 2 – 8 years of hands-on Experience in Java/J2ee, Spring Boot, OOAD, Mysql/ PostgreSQL, redis/Hazelcast cache, Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Knowledge of Collections, Threads, Exception handling, Log4j, JDBC, J2EE, SQL
- Knowledge of application development using Spring, Hibernate.
- Knowledge of Design Patterns, REST, SOAP, Junit and Develop Self-contained Restful services
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microservices architectures and object-oriented analysis and design
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in developing, documenting and deploying MicroServices solution on cloud infra.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience using technologies Spring / MongoDB / Redis / MySQL / PostgreSQL
- Demonstrated Cluster Management knowledge and experience using platforms including – Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with System integrations using messaging including or like Kafka / RabbitMQ
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Web servers (Tomcat/Jboss/Wildfly/Weblogic) and load balancing technologies.
- Good communication Skill, flexible and good attitude.
- Experience of working in Agile methodology.
- BE/BTECH/MCA Degree holder
- Any work related repositories Eg : Github
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 12th July, 2023