Aviation Security Manager at PassionAir
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: PassionAir
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Security Manager is the Head of Security and is responsible for implementing the security program. The Security Manager shall liaise with all aviation security authorities and other relevant external entities within the scope of aviation security.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Formulating policies and guidelines on security standards to all areas of PassionAir operations to ensure the legislative requirements and the company standards are complied with to the highest standards whilst providing continuous and efficient services for customers and staff.
- Development, implement and maintain all security programme;
- Promote security awareness throughout the Company;
- Risk assessment and the determination of appropriate security measures;
- Liaise with the Station Supervisors/Managers at the airport and other relevant entities on matters relating to security; Ensure background checks are conducted on relevant staff;
- Evaluate training needs of staff and recommend/ensure requisite training;
- Attend security meetings on behalf of the Senior Operations Manager;
- Maintain the company’s compliance with national civil aviation security directives.
- Plan and manage the resources required for the implementing of security measures that meet regulatory and organizational requirements;
- Liaise with GCAA, government authorities, law enforcement agencies, embassies, relevant entities and external authorities where PassionAir operate.
- Initiate special security measures during periods/instances of increased threat
- Provide specialized advice to senior and line management in all security functions, protection, intelligence information and investigation;
- Providing relevant training to members of staff upon recruitment by the company;
- Ensures all areas of security concerns are adequately covered in the security plan and effectively monitored, managed and controlled.
- Representing the company in all areas of security operations, coordination and consultative meetings and forums.
- Working closely with the Airport company during Emergency plans and responses necessary for emergency preparations.
- Conducting security survey and review security processes, procedures and controls to ensure compliance to security standards.
- Conducting corrective actions on findings and observations emanating from the organization’s audits (both internal and external).
Minimum Qualifications/Working Experience
- Attended and successfully completed a course on management of aviation security or airport/airline/cargo security operations or equivalent by ICAO/IATA or other relevant organization;
- At least 2 years’ experience in aviation security;
- A technically qualified person in the field of aviation security or ground operations; Or at least five years’ experience in flight operations or engineering;
- Computer literate.