Auto Electrician at African Underground Mining Services Ltd (AUMS)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: African Underground Mining Services Ltd (AUMS)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AUMS is seeking to employ a highly capable, experienced, and proficient Auto Electrician. This is a Fixed-Term position with a highly competitive work roster at Sibika underground Project at Newmont Ahafo Mine.
• This position is responsible for all preventative, scheduled, and breakdown maintenance on underground mobile equipment and vehicles (light vehicles and heavy mobile equipment) and drills electrical fault and failure diagnostics as guided by your immediate supervisor and trainer.
• Carry out scheduled electrical service work on light vehicles and mobile machinery in a safe manner and in accordance with the service sheet.
• Utilize skill and experience to create minimum downtime on machinery and maximize productivity
• Carry out all repairs in accordance with AUMS procedures
• Complete all service sheets and document additional repairs completed during servicing
• Maintain a high level of housekeeping in the workshop and working areas at all times
• Read and interpret Service and Spare parts manuals
• Advise the workshop supervisors of parts used and any additional part requirements.
• Ensure all work is done in a safe and efficient manner.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Auto Electrical Technician part II, III/HND Auto Electrical Engineering or its equivalent with previous experience in carrying out auto electrical repairs on underground equipment
• Minimum of three years’ experience on underground machines
• Inspecting Mincom Auto-Electrical Engineering Certificate is an added advantage
• Ability to read schematics, understand maintenance procedures and operate all types of hand tools
• A high degree of skill in troubleshooting and fault finding with previous experience in Vehicle Air conditioning systems.
• Ability to analyze equipment failure and use equipment diagnostics tools
• Auto electrical experience on 4WD vehicles.
• Heavy Mine Mobile Equipment electrical systems maintenance experience.
• Willingness to learn to improve skills and gain further experience with mobile equipment
• Valid Driving license C/E
• Must be a good and effective communicator
• Basic knowledge of First Aid
• Ability to follow instructions in accordance with AUMS protocols, standards, and policies to ensure all EHS&T operational and compliance requirements are met
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioral characteristics, organizational fit, capability to work with the relevant complicity of work, and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
How To Apply For The Job
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
• Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to three 33)pages
• Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience, and a minimum of three referees
• Include copies of relevant certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to:
Closing Date: 21 April, 2022