Audit Manager at Standard Chartered Bank
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
- To act as a Team Member on assigned audit work involving all risk types across Group.
- To act as Team Leader and take responsibility for overseeing the planning and execution of the audit, maintaining the audit budget, including drafting of audit issues and the audit report.
- To ensure that assigned audit work is executed in an efficient and effective manner, within the given budget and timelines, and in line with GIA methodology standards.
- To clearly explain the risks and impact of issues identified during testing to GIA and business management
- The individual may support in department wide exercises such as annual planning, risk assessment and training.
- To actively manage relationships with senior auditee management and stakeholders.
- To support GIA audit teams by providing product/country knowledge and expertise for their audits relating to the individual’s area of expertise;
- To provide ongoing continuous monitoring support to Heads of Audit (HOAs) and Senior Audit Managers (SAMs) in respect of the business and raise issues and observations outside of formal audit work to expedite rectification of control weaknesses; and
- To attend and present at formal committees and Group meetings on behalf of HOAs and SAMs, as required, e.g. Governance Committees and Country Non-Financial Risk Committees.
- Issue validation: Ensure that all audit issue action plans agreed during audit fieldwork are tracked through to completion in accordance with methodology requirements.
- Support the HOA and SAMs where required, in the development of the GIA risk assessment and development of an appropriate audit plan for the HOA’s assigned portfolio;
- Propose audits for coverage during the audit cycle based on their knowledge of the business; and
- Carry out their role in line with the Audit Charter and remain independent from management and free from interference.
- Assist the HOA to effectively manage the cost of assigned audits within the allocated budget for audit engagements.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies within audit work.
- Participate as team member or team leader for assigned audit work and potentially lead the more complex audits such as cross-functional and multi-location high risk audits;
- Ensure that audit deliverables meet quality standards and timelines in line with the GIA methodology;
- Draft and submit inputs to the audit scope (including the Audit Planning Memo and Process Risks Controls Matrix) proposed by the Audit Lead;
- Assist in the drafting of the audit report in the GIA report review process; and
- Track the implementation/delivery of the agreed issues and action plans for the audits assigned, understanding the key risks arising, provide advice on resolution of issues to auditees/action plan owners and escalate audit findings that remain unresolved.
- Support the HOA to update the relevant assigned risk assessments on a regular basis to ensure that changes in risk profiles are identified in a timely manner, proposing changes to the assigned audit plan to the HOA, as appropriate;
- Be prepared to raise issues/concerns outside the normal audit process;
- At the request of the HOA, attend relevant meetings (e.g. Management Groups and Committees) to keep up-to-date on key business matters and provide the right challenge to ensure risks are appropriately identified, discussed and timely remediation plans are put in place; and
- Review MI and reports regularly to keep up-to-date with key trends within the business.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the management of business units which fall under risk assessment responsibility
People and Talent
- Demonstrate proactivity and positive engagement during team sessions;
- Influence change within the department by highlighting potential enhancements;
- Identify growth areas at the start of each audit, and discuss with the Audit Lead on how best to work on them during the work;
- Identify and successfully complete key internal training for self-development; and
- Support the HOA to proactively spot talent for GIA.
- Assist the HOA to manage the relevant Product/Country clients, and establish good working relationships to help the businesses improve the control environment and keep updated with changes in the business impacting their risk profile;
- Ensure clear communication of findings/issues/root causes to all relevant clients and monitor/escalate any overdue actions plans to the appropriate business manager and/or governance committee for resolution; and
- Ensure timely escalation of delays in execution of audit work, both to auditee management and GIA management.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support GIA to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Designated business stakeholders, typically related to individual audit assignments and the assigned portfolio; and
- GIA stakeholders – team leaders, team members, team managers, Product, Functional, Country and Regional Heads of Audit.
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in GIA; and
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Experience in audit, governance, risk or in a business environment.
- Professional audit certification preferred
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 1 Nov. 2021