Audit Manager at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana - AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Audit Manager.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To assist the SVP Group Internal Audit in providing adequate independent assurance to the board (through the Audit and Risk Committee) and ExCom that the company’s governance requirements are met, the internal controls are adequate and effective, and that risks are adequately managed. Without compromising the primary objective stated above and related Audit Manager independence, to provide advice and consulting support to the business with a view to adding value on specific projects / assignments as and when appropriate.
- Identify, understand and address safety hazards and risks.
- Demonstrate behaviour that is consistent with the AngloGold Ashanti Safety Vision and Values.
- Assist the Vice President Assurance to invest time with key members of management within the business, understand their business needs and concerns to ensure that the service levels are appropriately directed to the needs of the business.
- Prepare and implement a comprehensive risk-based audit plan which will address the following assurance objectives:
- Risks within the business are identified and managed effectively.
- Provision of the appropriate level of assurance to management of the business unit.
- The controls within the business are adequate and effective (both Finance and operational)
- Ensure that material failures in controls are reported timeously and maintain a follow up process to ensure that appropriate remedial action is taken by the custodian of that control
- Ensure that service levels and quality standards are maintained within the Assurance function by obtaining a positive opinion on the external expert assessment.
- Market the Internal Audit function within the Group in order for customers to better understand the role, type of audit projects, skills, planning and consulting possessed within Group Internal Audit
- Involvement in Combined Assurance and SOX testing reviews in AGA locations other than the Ghana operations as may be determined by the Vice President Assurance
- Plan and execute projects to provide advisory and consulting services to clients as may be requested from time to time.
- Communicate audit committee meeting timelines to members and invitees of the committee.
- Co-ordinate compilation and communication of meeting packs for the Committee’s meetings
- Record minutes and subsequently distribute to members and invitees
- Continuously review and update membership and invitees.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree in Accounting or Finance and membership of one or more of the professional bodies: Institute of Chartered Accountants (Ghana), Institute of Chartered Accountants (South Africa), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants and Institute of Internal Auditors
- Certified Internal Auditor qualification would be an advantage
- At least 5-7 years’ experience as an Internal Auditor, with specific experience relating to:
- Corporate governance principles,
- Financial and Operational Audits,
- Fraud Investigations,
- Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Assurance reviews
- The use of data analytics in audits’
- Combined Assurance reviews.
- Must be computer literate with significant proficiency in Microsoft’s Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Experience in a managerial role in a mining environment, and
- Knowledge in SAP and TeamMate Audit Software will be an advantage
- Project management skills (Ability to initiate, plan, execute and report on audit projects)
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance, enterprise risk management, and internal controls processes.
- Ability to analyse and apply financial and accounting data
- Knowledge of Internal Auditing Standards and Professional Codes of Conducts and Ethics
- Fostering a team environment – inspiring and motivating others; promoting collaboration; conflict management and teamwork; and developing others.
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship.
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty.
- Maximising performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analysing issues, driving for results.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th August. 2022