Assistant Registrar (Business Development Manager) at University of Mines and Technology (UMaT)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: University of Mines and Technology (UMaT)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Tarkwa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the following position in the University of Mines and Technology (UMaT), Tarkwa.
Job Title: Assistant Registrar (Business Development Manager)
• The University is looking to develop its business engagement nationally, regionally and internationally through workforce development and skills training, knowledge exchange and transfer, research, innovation and development. The Business Development Manager will lead the University’s developments in third stream income generation through academic enterprise, research and knowledge exchange.
• The Business Development Manager will also be responsible for identifying, developing and implementing new business opportunities. Such opportunities may include, but not limited to, educational programmes for workforce development in sectors relevant to the University; knowledge transfer and exchange partnerships; commissioned research projects; commercialisation of resources, equipment and/or knowledge capital.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Master’s Degree or higher in Business Management, Marketing or related field with at least two (2) years post qualification experience.
• Experience in developing and delivering business plans including financial planning and reporting.
• Experience in identifying market opportunities and undertaking market insight evaluations to assure the feasibility and viability of identified opportunities.
• Experience in developing new business opportunities through enterprise, commercial and/or knowledge exchanges.
• Experience in building sustainable relationships with external groups, clients and companies and the ability to up-sell opportunities.
• In-depth understanding of the higher education sector with reference to the need for Universities to diversify their activities and income streams.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Strong communication skills in all formats.
• The ability to develop sustainable networks and productive relationships with external clients that result in new business for the University.
• The ability to influence and deliver through others.
• Knowledge of business development, identification of and tendering for funding opportunities that align to the aspiration/vision of the University.
• Ability to be self-motivated and work as a team member.
• Ability to work within deadlines.
• Ability to identify opportunities for the University through understanding of external business needs and the requirements of sectors relevant to the University.
Salary and fringe benefits
Conditions of service are as applicable in Government Subvented Universities of Ghana.
How to Apply For the Job
Interested candidates who qualify for any of the positions may download the Application form:
The completed application form together with an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of educational and relevant professional certificates should reach the Registrar not later than Friday, 6th August, 2021.
P. O. Box 237
All correspondence should be addressed to:
University of Mines and Technology
P O Box 237
Closing Date: 06 August, 2021