Assistant Procurement Officer at Institute Of Accountancy Training (IAT)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Institute Of Accountancy Training (IAT)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Institute of Accountancy Training (IAT), under the Ministry of Finance was established in 1970 to provide in-service training in Public Administration, Public Sector Accounting and Public Sector Financial Management for the Ministry’s as well as the civil and the public services’ staffs.
The Institute, currently undergoing restructuring needs to strengthen its administrative structure to help implement the reforms. Applications are therefore invited from qualified officers for the following vacancy:
Job Title: Assistant Procurement Officer
• The successful applicant will be responsible for providing frontline support for achievement of the Procurement activities of the institute.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Undertake market surveys to identify sources of supply and collects data for open and constructive discussions on contract/ contractor performance.
• Provide inputs for the formulation of procurement and supply chain policies, reforms, budget preparation, internal controls and plans of the Institute.
• Collect data for the preparation of Annual and other reports for consideration.
• Collect data on defaulting services providers for the enforcement of penalty clauses.
• Manage inventories in the Institute and proposes redistribution actions.
• Receive and inspect orders and resolve order problems with vendors and departments according to stores policies and procedures.
• Draft notices and other related tender documentation in line with procurement plan and action.
• Verify accuracy of requisitions by comparing nomenclature, stock numbers, etc. to ensure that correct goods are delivered to requisitioning units/section.
• Monitor payment of vendors with Finance Section.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must possess a Higher National Diploma (HND) with three (3) years working experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement/ Supply Chain/ Logistics or in a relevant field
• Must have completed the statutory National Service
• Must pass a competitive selection interview
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Public Procurement Act, 2003, (Acts 663), Financial Administration Act, 2003 (Act, 654, Financial Administration Regulations LI 1802 of 2004, Internal Audit Agency Act, 2003 (658), Alternative Dispute Resolution Act 2010, (Act 798) and other related legal frameworks
• Quantitative and analytical skills
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in relevant IT applications
• Report writing and presentation skills
• Procurement and supply chain management skills
• Knowledge of types of supplies and their storage methods
• Knowledge of inventory control procedures and supply quality assurance issues
• Knowledge of Health and safety – COSHH regulations
• Knowledge of FIFO, LIFO, FEFO, ETC, Methodology
• Knowledge in material handling and Logistics procures and guidelines
• Knowledge in GOG inventory procedures and guidelines
Method of ApplicationApplications and CVs together with relevant supporting documents should be forwarded to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 16 September, 2021
not later than two weeks after this publication stating the job title applying for in the subject area.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.