Assistant Executive Housekeeper at Kempinski Hotels
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Kempinski Hotels
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel and Tourism Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The incumbent in this position is responsible for assisting the Executive Housekeeper in managing the Housekeeping Department in order to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness. They oversee and direct all cleaning and maintenance operations on Floors and Public Area. Closely monitor all processes related to ensuring high level of housekeeping services provided to the guest is timely and defect free. In the absence of the Executive Housekeeper, they are fully responsible for the management of the Housekeeping Department.
- The job of Assistant Executive Housekeeper is executed satisfactorily when:
- Revenues, Expenses and Profit are closely monitored and budgeted figures (over)-achieved.
- Hygiene standards are strictly monitored and followed.
- Supervise Housekeeping Department Staff to ensure that guests and customers, whether internal or external, receive prompt and courteous service, and to ensure adherence to hotel standards.
- On a daily basis, assign duties and special projects to Room Attendants / Public Area Cleaners, follow up on the progress and keep the Executive Housekeeper informed.
- Check rooms randomly and particularly all those assigned to V.I.P., V.V.I.P. and Repeated Guests and coordinate the flower requirements to these guests and other special requests.
- Inspect Floors / Public Areas to ensure that facilities, equipments and amenities are clean and are well maintained; verify the work performed by outside contractors to ensure compliance to their contract; and take corrective measures in order to meet Kempinski standards.
- Participate in the recruitment of new staff by screening and interviewing applicants.
- Identify the department training needs, develop the training plan and get the approval of Executive Housekeeper before the implementation of training.
- Keep the Housekeeping Staff informed on the daily operational activities and challenge and provide all information relevant to their job duties.
- Anticipate and maintain all equipments and supplies and assure their availability. Control usage of all amenities and cleaning supplies to ensure compliance to budget and ensure appropriate usage of equipments and tools.
- Handle comments and requests from guests and other departments to meet their satisfaction. Make recommendations to Executive Housekeeper on improving the services provided by the Housekeeping Department.
- Monitor housekeeping procedures including Lost and Found, Key Control, Security and Emergency procedures and Health and Safety procedures for employees and guests.
- Participate in various housekeeping projects such as general cleaning, which involve scheduling, inspections, records keeping, follow-up, and communication with other related departments.
- Assist the Executive Housekeeper in the preparation of the annual manning guide, the CAPEX budget and departmental budget in order to meet the business objectives.
- Accomplish several administrative duties related to the position such as attending meetings, writing reports, maintaining a daily log, etc.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- College Degree or its equivalence in Administration of Hotel Management.
- 3 to 5 years experience in a Housekeeping management position; preferably in a 5 star hotel
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language beneficial
- Operational knowledge of housekeeping equipment and machine, including washing machine, dry-cleaner, pressing machine.
- Knowledge on how to clean different fabric materials
- Knowledge of chemicals
- Knowledge and Skills on Cleaning techniques
- Knowledge on cleaning products, equipment and machine
- Knowledge on housekeeping procedures and standards
- Knowledge of Opera PMS
- Microsoft Office Applications
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th Jan, 2024