Asset Integrity Engineer at Tullow Oil
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Tullow Oil
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
We are looking for an Asset Integrity Engineer to be based in Accra, Ghana. This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis.
The role will report to the Maintenance & Integrity Manager. The individual will be responsible for the management of the Asset Integrity inspection and testing program for the KNK FPSO asset.. The individual will have experience in the offshore oil and gas sector and have a thorough knowledge of asset integrity management principles, risk based inspection, inspection techniques, corrosion management and coatings.. We are looking for an excellent communicator who has experience of managing contractor and supplier relationships.
The Asset Integrity Engineer is responsible for the development and deployment of inspection, testing and condition monitoring programmes and for leading anomaly response plans to deliver safe, reliable, and compliant production operations.
Additionally, they will be expected to drive a performance management element to the inspection management process and to deliver integrity improvements across the asset.
Acts as the Asset Integrity specialist for the KNK FPSO asset.
- Owner of the Inspection & Testing philosophy and associated standards and guidelines. Responsible for Integrity related Procedures, Maintenance Strategies, their Job Plans/Scheme of Examinations and PMs. Maintains the inspection/corrosion management plan
- Owner of the Inspection & Testing programme from inspection planning and development (RBA), through inspection execution and results analysis to anomaly management.
- Ensures that regular inspections and surveys are conducted across facilities to ensure that corrosion levels are not impacting the original design basis for equipment. Monitor safe operational windows as per RBI guidelines.
- Identifies equipment areas of concern and prepare dedicated inspection procedures to follow-up their resolution for improvement of Plant Integrity
- Reviews the on-stream and shutdown inspection activities, assessing deterioration mechanisms, corrosion monitoring and investigation of failures taking appropriate action to resolve.
- Contractor Management
- Interfaces with key external integrity and inspection contract companies providing services for e.g. RBA/RBI, NDT execution, Classification bodies, 3rd Party Independent Verification bodies (ICP)
- Optimizes the use of external resources, utilizing established service agreements and approved contractors.
- Acts as Contract Manager for key AI, inspection and assurance contracts
- Interfaces internally with key Operations, Maintenance, Planning and Engineering staff to ensure efficient and effective delivery of the inspection and testing programme and management of anomalies.
- Assists Operations Support Engineers and Technical Superintendents as required. Provide ad hoc support and maintenance advice as required.
- Provides guidance and technical support to Junior Engineers
- Works with Maintenance Planning to ensure the inspection activities as established by RBI are scheduled.
- Works with offshore OIM and OIE to ensure that scheduled inspections are executed and reported
Coordinates with planning and offshore on the schedule of planned/unplanned monitoring and inspection.
- Inspection Management Systems (Maximo & Coabis)
- Responsible for the management of the Inspection Management Database (Coabis) and the accuracy of the data within. Ensures the system is up to date with inspection results and that it provides the necessary data to support RBI reviews, integrity assurance and verification activities.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all inspection, test and integrity data within the CMMS ensuring the system provides the necessary data to support analysis, integrity assurance and verification activities.
- Performance Management, Assurance and Verification
- Develops and embeds performance management process. Develops associated KPIs. Tracks and reports performance including inspection execution and backlog
- Prepares an Annual Asset Integrity Assessment report.
- Participates in Integrity Management Audits / reviews as required
- Acts as the point of contact for internal AI assurance and 3rd Party Verification
- Responsible for developing and managing the inspection and remediation budgets for topsides equipment
- Compliance, Codes and Standards
- Complies with the Tullow’s EHS Code of Conduct, Standards, and Procedures to always protect people and the environment.
- Ensures compliance with all statutory and corporate standards, processes and procedures.
- Has a duty of care to ensure that all personnel work in a manner that is not harmful to their own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
A Tertiary qualification or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
Skills And Experience
- +7 years post graduate industry experience in a relevant engineering discipline. Experience in the offshore oil and gas industry preferred.
- Sound knowledge of RBI, corrosion management development plans, asset integrity management principles and corrosion control methods.
- Detailed knowledge of NDT techniques and their limitations
- Extensive experience in process/marine corrosion, material selection, and corrosion monitoring control methods.
- Thorgh knowledge of coatings selection, application, and inspection/maintenance.
- Detailed knowledge of pressure equipment and piping system design/fabrication.
- Thorough working knowledge of API, ASME, NACE, ANSI ASNT/PCN industry standards/codes relevant to the discipline.
- Experience of hazard / risk assessment and RCFA techniques
- Self-starter who works independently as well as part of a team.
- Acts as change agent to drive innovation and team collaboration
- Advanced analytical skills to identify and resolve complex problems.
- Leads by example, communicates effectively using good written, verbal, presentation and listening skills.
- Shows evidence of good organization and project planning skills.
- Understands the concept of value engineering.
- Demonstrates ability to interpret and apply relevant policies and procedures.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Flexible and resilient to rapidly changing circumstances.
- Using Continuous Improvement techniques to find and apply best practice in a pragmatic, fit for purpose approach.
- Open, honest & reliable.
- Represents the Company professionally and articulately upholding Tullow Ethics & Values.
- Accept accountability and responsibility whilst also engaging and consulting with supervisors, other engineers and team leaders
- Able to establish an interactive relationship with the contractors / suppliers to establish a positive Company relationship.
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
A performance-driven culture that generates results.
A commitment to your personal and professional development.
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th Oct. 2021