Analyst, Information Security Operations (IT) at MTN Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: MTN Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ghana - MTN Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
• The Information Security Analyst will identify IT threats, software vulnerabilities, and build robust security systems. The role will include research and investigate the potential impact of new threats and exploits. In addition, the analyst will guide the Information Security team in examining and developing security solutions and provide advice on vulnerabilities or potential vulnerabilities within the IT architecture.
• Highly dynamic and competitive technology industry
• Innovation driven industry
• High Regulatory environment
• Global technology trends and advancements
• Global & MTN Group approved IT and Information Security Standards and Practices
• Diverse Cultural environment
• Verticalize and Regionalization structure implication
• Performance driven environment
• Prevention of unauthorized access and malware infection of IT networks and systems using security countermeasures.
• Implement policies and standards for anti-virus and malware protection requirements in line with Group Information Security policies.
• Conduct system monitoring for malicious activities or policy violations.
• Implementation of tools and techniques to ensure the safety of Enterprise Systems, applications, and databases.
• Implement information security controls to protect databases and stored data
• Implement policies and standards to protect data, applications, and the associated infrastructure that reside in a public cloud in line with Group standards.
• Perform routine Information Security assessments within the organisation.
• Implement secure configuration / hardening standards in line with Group Information Security approved standards
• Provides technical support for continuous monitoring, computer exploitation and reconnaissance; target mapping and profiling; and network decoy and deception operations in support of computer intrusion defense operations.
• Provides technical support for a comprehensive risk management program identifying mission critical processes and systems; current and projected threats; and system vulnerabilities.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a University Degree in Computer Science or Information Management, or related field, or equivalent experience.
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
• Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
• Certified in Risk Information Systems Control (CRISC)
• Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
• Scrum certification
• Agile working knowledge and related certifications
• Minimum of 3 years of working experience in the Information Security domain
• Experience in the Financial Services or telecommunication sector is advantageous
• Experience in Information Security related Governance, Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance
• Security concepts related to DNS, routing, authentication, VPN, proxy services and DDOS mitigation technologies
• Firewall and intrusion detection/prevention protocols
• Application security and encryption technologies
• Secure network architectures
• Experience with security tools e.g. SIEM, DLP, CASB, DAM, Next-generation Firewalls, EDR, WAF, IAM, Vulnerability scanners, MFA, etc
• Subnetting, DNS, encryption technologies and standards, VPNs, VLANs, VoIP and other network routing methods
• Network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols, etc.)
• Ability to manage self and be a team player, good conflict management, takes and manages accountability
• Energy & Drive – Innovative, Takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
• Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
• Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, shares knowledge effectively
• Organizational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, presentation skills, commitment to the organization
• Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem solving abilities.
• Good communication skills (oral and written)
• Negotiating & Influencing Skills
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number Ref no: MTN-IT-ADTRACKANA1 as the email subject and ensure that CVs are saved in their names. Applications without the subject and CVs saved in their names will automatically be disqualified.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to:
Closing Date: 20 July, 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.