Analyst – Finance Business Partner at Orica
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Orica
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About The Role
We are currently on the lookout for a talented Financial Analyst to work in our Accra offices in Ghana. This role will report to the Africa North Business Partner – Commercial.
The primary purpose of this critical role is to provide financial business partnering analysis support to commercial teams.
In return for your professional commitment, we can offer a healthy salary, genuine career pathways and support into leadership or engineering specialisation.
What You Will Be Doing
- Providing analysis support to maximize the value extracted from contracts, including identifying and rectifying unprofitable contracts and maximizing variation management opportunities;
- Ensuring that financial bid models accurately reflect business inputs for new business or changes to existing business which the Account Management team are submitting proposals for;
- Completing regular commercial reviews to understand cost and value concepts on customer or manufacturing sites and then taking actions that will improve overall returns to the business;
- Influencing key stakeholders to ensure optimum outcome;
- Delivering Business Partner inputs to support the overall accuracy and compliance of the monthly Reporting and processes (e.g. MBR pack, Mid-Month estimates), Forecasting and Budget submissions for commercial, manufacturing, supply and business functions;
- Ensuring that Capital requests are supported by financial models and commercial business cases in accordance with Group standards. Challenges the Business Team on the assumptions used in their capital expenditure proposals and holding them to account for delivery of such assumptions;
- Providing financial advice to projects, BI pipeline and delivery of evaluated opportunities (e.g.: Business Improvement Initiatives);
- Providing support to the Business in managing working capital and cash management Actions deviations from acceptable levels of performance and address any areas of concern promptly, ensuring that relevant team members are held accountable;
- Actively providing detailed financial knowledge and advice to the Business including education and use of Orica’s financial systems.
What You Will Bring
- Honours degree in Finance or related;
- Qualified ICA(GH), CIMA or ACCA will be preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- SAP experience
- Minimum 3 to 6 years’ experience post qualification;
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with a range of stakeholders;
- Strong strategic and commercial acumen supported by sound commercial judgement;
- Ability to plan, influence & execute;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to present strategic logic and recommended pathways, coupled with the ability to present to key stakeholders.
What We Offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 8th November, 2022