Advisor, Water and Sanitation at SNV
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: SNV
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
SNV currently aims more explicitly for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation, with decentralised management. Our Global Support Unit (70 staff) backstops our teams around the world.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV has been present in Ghana since 1992 and is currently seeking applicants for a full-time position for an Advisor for Water and Sanitation on one of its WASH Projects.
The Advisor will be based in the district with focus on WASH facilities functionality and technical overview on infrastructure development. The Advisor will be responsible for the design and delivery of high-quality WASH infrastructure and lead in the carrying out of assessment, design, planning, implementation and monitoring of all WASH construction Activities. S/he will also supervise the design and preparation of all technical documents, Bills of Quantities (BOQ) and drawings, and the execution and handing over to relevant authorities.
Duties & Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of the Advisor will include the following:
1. Project Planning, Implementation and Reporting
- Develop detailed implementation plan for water and sanitation related activities;
- Carry out Stock taking of all WASH assets and assessment of functionality for water and sanitation facilities including existing Operation and Maintenance (O&M) system and water quality testing system on paper and in practice.
- Supervise selected consultants in developing detailed technical design of water and Sanitation infrastructure interventions in the district based on results from stocktaking survey.
- Supervise the construction of key WASH facilities at both the community, schools and health facilities level. This will also include tender document preparation and potential contractor selection
- In coordination with the proposed Market and business specialist, identify, examine, and incubate Private Local Service Providers (PLSPs) to deliver quality WASH products;
- Provide regular supervision to water management committees for effective delivery and sustainability purposes
- Ensure that respective monthly/quarterly/biannually/annually reports are meeting deadlines set by the Project Manager internally and externally by the donor/
- Ensure that all people, regardless of gender, benefit from, and are empowered by improved water and sanitation services, and hygiene practices;
- Work with Procurement and Project Manager to ensure all contracting and purchases follow the appropriate procurement processes
2. WASH Capacity Building
- Support in the Development of training tools for WASH interventions and implement training and coaching measures for communities and sub-national government in WASH. These will include pre-construction, construction and post-construction training and engagements to ensure efficient development of Facility O&M.
- Advice and support the Project Manager in rolling out of evidence generated from baseline surveys and tools developed;
- Provide system strengthening advice to government staffs, coaching for results and support to the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) thematic area for institutional development and performance management in the selected areas of implementation.
3. Coordination and stakeholder development
- Seek opportunities for effective partnership for enhanced quality program implementation and leveraging with WASH at all implementation levels;
- Engage in WASH sector platforms and networking at district.
- Build smooth and strong partnership in a holistic manner; and represent SNV with relevant district and other development partners.
- Coordinate with Water, Health, sector offices and community members;
- Work with community leaders to create water management committees and promote proper hygiene and sanitation practices.
4. Business Development
- Identify and advice the Project Manager on potential and new opportunities including donors for resource mobilisation or business development which is aligned to SNV sector strategy;
- Provide the business development team with relevant WASH information which could be helpful as an input;
- Actively contribute in the development of Concept Notes, proposals development
- Involve in the pre-preparations and commencing new WASH projects in the country.
- Ensure all water and sanitation activities remain in compliance with both agency and donor regulations.
- In coordination with Project Manager, ensure compliance with all Grant related reporting requirements;
5. Knowledge Management, Learning and Innovation
- Support the development of relevant stories of change and report to the PM to be disseminated to larger audience/ stakeholders including GoG, SNV global and other NGOs working in the WASH sector;
- Capture lessons learned, stimulate internal and external knowledge exchange and suggest ways how to translate this into practice and report to the PM;
- Periodically collect information about what other organizations are best doing/working within WASH sector more specifically at district to gain institution knowledge of the environment;
6. Program Monitoring
- Support the team in the development of an efficient M&E system to ensure on-time usage of data captured from the field during implementation. This will include actively supporting in the proposed baseline, mid-line and end-line surveys. S/He will also play a key role in undertaking formative research at the onset of the project and also technical evaluation at the end of the project.
- Coordinate with other WASH actors in the district and region, the communities, and other NGOs in order to incorporate best practices into programme planning.
Required Qualification and Experience
- Master degree in Civil Engineering, Hydrogeology, Hydraulics and Water Engineering relevant fields.
- At least five (5) years in water points construction, Operation and Maintenance, Management and capacity building and familiar with current local government context;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and a strong track record in meeting deliverables and donor deadlines;
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills;
- Commercial drive and quality orientation;
- Competent and motivated;
- Ability to work independently and under stressful conditions;
- Team player and able and willing to perform tasks assigned
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22 Nov. 2021