Advisor, Ghana CDC at Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Since the onset of the coronavirus crisis, the public health agenda has never been more important. Ghana like many other developing countries is faced with both communicable and non-communicable public health threats but lacks a well-coordinated and institutionalized body that sees to a broader multi-agency and international partnerships in responding to these threats.
TBI is supporting the Government of Ghana on a new project to respond more effectively to public health issues and pandemics. This is focused on the establishment of a Ghana CDC which will work to compliment all the efforts of both infectious and non-infectious activities including biosecurity/terrorism /chemical terrorism/nuclear terrorism. This will harness the inter-ministerial consensus in looking at disease control and prevention holistically.
In support of this agenda, TBI is seeking to appoint an Advisor, Ghana CDC to provide technical and strategic support to the Interim Director General Ghana CDC and other government counterparts to help accelerate the implementation of this priority programme of government.
This is a one-year fixed term role with a potential to extend for a further year.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide strategic and technical support in development of policy, legislation and operations manual documents for the establishment and running of a Ghana CDC bringing on board experiences and best practices from other regions and countries
- Design and roll out an effective mechanism of consulting and documenting the views of key stakeholders for the purpose of establishing the CDC
- Collect relevant data from a variety of sources including local and international, analyse/contribute to sector strategies and/or policy studies. Reliability on data collection and triangulation will be necessary, with emphasis on attention to detail
- Lead in provision of briefing reports, infographics and power point presentations including on occasions presenting findings and recommendations to government counterparts
- Assist with setting the setting up and operation of a CDC Strategy and Technical Advisory Committee (STAC) for the Ghana CDC
- Provide strategic and technical support with setting up institutional structures of the national and field offices for the CDC
- Support development of partnerships, identifying, and mobilizing technical and financial resources for the running of the Ghana CDC
- Periodically accompany the Interim Director General to meet with the Minister for health and other key staff of the Ministry for briefing on progress of the CDC establishment and operations
We are looking for individuals with high levels of enthusiasm, drive, resilience, a can-do attitude, and ability to consistently achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
This is a role in a fast-paced team, working within complex policy areas that are highly scrutinised. Therefore, the successful candidate for the role should be able to display the majority of the following:
- At least 7 years’ experience in government, government advisory, management consulting or other organisational leadership
- Strong management skills, experience in implementing international development programmes
- Relevant experience in public health is highly desirable
- Evidence of strong relationship management, business acumen, going the extra mile and collaboration and organisational development
- A strategic mindset and experience in adaptive management, PDIA etc
- An ability to deliver results in complex and challenging environments
- An ability to operate and succeed in a highly political environment
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, networking, and communication skills, with an ability to develop and foster relationships with a wide range of senior stakeholders
- An ability to work independently, think strategically and translate strategies to concrete and implementable plans; an acute attention to detail with excellent organisational skills
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date :1st Sept. 2021