Administrative Assistant at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana - Newmont Inc Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To provide administrative support to the general administration/support functions by effectively managing and performing a wide variety of administrative duties.
In This Role You Will
- Assist the support functions in organizing departments’ events (i.e. VIP visits, Regulators, Inter-mine Safety Competitions etc.).
- Arrange meetings and conferences, including preparing agendas and minutes for same.
- Collate and follow up on routine task assignment for internal and external meetings.
- Arrange travel and accommodation request for the support functions, Contractors and Government Officials when needed.
- Develop and maintain filing and database.
- Assist in managing site calendar, calendar for Functional Leads and external request register.
- Follow up and ensure timely payment of invoices.
- Complete and track cheque requests, initiate and track IT requests, expense reports, warehouse and purchase requisitions.
- Complete visitor authorization forms and maintenance of office stock and supplies etc.
- Assist with budget management, generate monthly cost report using SAP and submit monthly accruals for expenses under support functions cost centers.
- Consolidate, copy and bind Monthly/Quarterly/Annual of Statutory reports and correspondences for external Government Agencies.
- Assist support functions with logistics on audit and inspections and input all corrective actions and compliance to work policies in Cintellate.
- Assist in organizing Social Responsibility Forum (SRF) meetings, as well as Traditional Authorities Stakeholder Engagement.
- Assist in preparing Junior Staff timesheet and regular updates of all related HR digitized forms in prospector.
- Provide administrative support in maintaining internal communication channels including Electronic Information Boards (EIBs) and prospector.
- Provide administrative support in maintaining the professional outlook and Newmont brand where required.
- Liaise with the Communication department to ensure fact sheets and pull-ups are maintained at the front desk.
- Provide information about the establishment, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided to employees, visitors and external stakeholders.
- Prepare, collect, sort, distribute, and receive mails, and courier deliveries.
- Sort and distribute all documents assigned such as pay slips, pension statements to designated employees.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- BSc./BA Degree in Business Administration, or HND in Administration or a combination of certificates in a related field.
- Knowledge of the organizational structure and management team.
- Knowledge of vendors and suppliers applicable to the department.
- Knowledge of internal administration and communication processes, procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of the organization’s invoicing and requisition processes, procedures and systems.
- Minimum of 2 years’ working experience in a similar role, preferably in a gold mining environment.
- Communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Information monitoring and management skills.
- Planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Reliable and independent .
- Detail oriented.
- Takes initiative, be results driven and proactive.
- Team player.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative, team-based and multi-national / cultural environment.
- Customer focused.
- Results driven.
- Safety conscious.
- Position is located in Ahafo South.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit at a desk for extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the office work environment is minimal.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to [email protected] .
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th April. 2022