Accounts Payable Officer at Reputable Company
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Reports to: FINANCE MANAGER
Duty station: GREATER ACCRA
Overall Job Purpose: The overall job purpose is to ensure cash liquidity and effect prompt and effective payment of the company’s financial obligations, prepare weekly/monthly financial statements and bank reconciliation and support the effective planning and communication of all finance related issues in a timely and effective manner, with attention to detail and quality of information. To succeed the job holder must have a finance related degree and gained a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a finance related and/or similar environment. The nature of the business requires the job holder to adopt the highest ethical standards; as well as possess excellent communication skills with both staff and external institutions.
- To observe the highest confidentiality pertaining to the company’s finances and financial position.
- To collaborate with the Accounts Receivables Officer in ensuring that debtors and creditors are effectively managed to ensure a strong positive cashflow position for the company.
- To prepare bank reconciliation statements and conduct investigations into any discrepancies and report to the Finance Manager
- To oversee the management and preparation of manual cheques, bank statements, payment vouchers, supplier fund transfers.
- To prepare and distribute weekly bank balances reports to Finance Manager and Senior Management.
- To manage account payables in an effective and professional manner for payment approval by management.
- To maintain and update vendor records and ensure accurate data entry of the company’s payroll journal.
- To effectively manage vendor accounts and ensure that information is accurate, relevant and are kept up to date.
- To undertake cost and variance analysis of all project purchases.
- To manage the company’s petty cash system; ensuring that appropriate documentation is completed and submitted by all staff.
- To inform the Finance Manager of any operational circumstances that may negatively affect the smooth running of vendor accounts.
- To support the finance team in ensuring compliance with Ghana Revenue Authority statutory obligations and regulations.
- To periodically suggest ways of improving the management of customer accounts as well as the overall finance function.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field with 4 years’ relevant experience in a medium sized organization.
- knowledge and experience in the use of Accounting Software
- Professional qualification is an added advantage.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
NB: All candidates will be required to write and pass an aptitude test