Accountant at Reputable Company
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
A leading provider of Managed IT Infrastructure solutions for medium and large scale private and public institutions is seeking to engage a professional for the position of Accountant
DUTY STATION: GREATER ACCRA
JOB INDUSTRY: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
JOB TERM: PERMANENT
Overall Job Purpose: The overall job purpose is to provide efficient leadership and management of the company’s finances (cashflow, margin and profitability) and to ensure compliance with statutory obligations from regulatory authorities such as the Ghana Revenue Authority. The job holder has direct supervision of 3 staff – Account Payables Officer, Account Receivables Officer and Accounts Clerk. The job holder is required to efficiently manage cash inflows and outflows; always ensuring availability of sufficient positive cash balances that support continued business operations. The role also requires efficient management of bank accounts, statutory institutional relationships and timely communication with senior management. To succeed in this role, the job holder must possess a financial related degree plus professional qualifications such as ACCA and/or CIMA and must have gained a minimum of 7 years working experience in a senior finance role.
- To observe the highest confidentiality pertaining to the company’s finances and financial position.
- To monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payables, receivables, invoicing, and other financial transactions
- To review financial data and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports for senior management and board members.
- To review monthly financial trends and identify areas for improvement and report to senior management for action/approval.
- To ensure corporate compliance with tax regulations and tax obligations.
- To liaise with the company’s external auditors for annual audits and ensure compliance with all tax obligations as determined by the Ghana Revenue Authority.
- To collaborate with senior management and external service providers for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary.
- Provide appropriate advice to senior management on any impacts of national tax regime on company operations.
- To oversee the efficient operation of accounts payables and accounts receivables; conduct regular reviews and identify opportunities for extracting financial value.
- To regularly monitor the company’s financial status and performance; inform senior management and to recommend appropriate interventions.
- Seek out methods and opportunities for minimising financial risk to the company
- Support senior management and other managers in achievement of strategic objectives.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company.
- To work on special assignments as deemed necessary by the Chief Executive Officer
Method of ApplicationInterested and qualified persons should send their CVs and cover letter to: [email protected] indicating the interested position as the subject of the email.
NB: Candidates must be prepared to write an assessment test