Accountant, Finance Directorate at University of Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: University of Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The University of Ghana hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons within the University for the following position:
ACCOUNTANT, FINANCE DIRECTORATE
REPORTING TO: DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Without prejudice to the functions of the specific unit to which the Accountant will be assigned, the job role requires operational support for the achievement of the objectives of the Finance Directorate. This includes:
• Ensuring that proper books of accounts and records of University are kept and all transactions are accurately captured in a timely manner.
• Submitting periodic financial reports on Actual performance and preparing consolidated accounts of Units.
• Responsible for the financial system and data integrity at the unit level
• Preparing the annual operating budget. Coordinating plans and projections necessary for the preparation of budgets for succeeding years for the Unit.
• Support the work of both Internal and External Auditors in the performance of their functions and ensure action items are completed.
• Generally responsible for ensuring that the Unit complies with the University’s Financial Regulations and Governance Policy, Public Financial Management Act, 2016 (Act 921) and other related Acts, Standards, Regulations and Policies.
• Any other tasks that may be assigned by the Director of Finance or representative.
Qualification Required & Experience
The applicant must:
• be a staff of the University of Ghana at the grade of at least, Senior Accounting Assistant;
• have a good University degree and professional qualification in Accountancy (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, CA) with at least 2 years relevant post-qualification experience as well as working knowledge of Accounting software packages.
• A second degree in a related discipline will be an advantage.
Required knowledge, ability and skills:
The position requires a high level of integrity, as the position holder will be exposed to confidential and sensitive information:
• Ability to maintain a professional behaviour in all situations;
• Experience with the management of staff; and,
• Excellent attention to detail and deadlines
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack addressed to the Registrar, University of Ghana, through:
[email protected] (Electronic copy).Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
The application pack should be submitted as a single PDF file and should contain the following:
• Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional employees (UAB Form 1B)to be downloaded from the University’s website at: www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd;
• An up-to-dateCurriculum Vitae;
• Copies of relevant educational and/or professional certificates; and,
• Two reference letters, at least one of which should be from a Head of Unit in the University of Ghana, with whom the applicant has worked.
The reference letters should, among others, include the following information on the candidate:
• Professional competence and work output
• Leadership abilities and sense of responsibility
• General contribution to the work of the University (or relevant organization)
• Interpersonal skills
• Any other relevant information
Applications should reach:
Closing Date: 31 July, 2023
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to participate in the selection process.