Accountant at Chemonics International
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Chemonics International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (USAID GHSC-PSM) Ghana
The USAID GHSC-PSM Project is the primary vehicle through which USAID provides supply chain technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and Ghana Health Service to 1) procure and provide health commodities, 2) improve Ghana’s management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborate with key stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
The Accountant will report directly to the Chemonics Senior Finance Manager and is responsible for project accounting and ensuring strict compliance to Chemonics policies and USAID and Global Fund regulations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
The Accountant is responsible for the following principal duties and responsibilities:
• Assist Senior Finance Manager and Finance Team in all aspects of project accounting and financial management, particularly strict adherence to Chemonics policies and procedures, USAID rules and regulations, and Ghanaian law.
• Manage the accounting cycle, including the processing of accounting transactions in accordance to the general principles of accounting and Chemonics policies and procedures and preparing appropriate documentation of journal entries, payment requests, and general ledger reconciliations.
• Ensure that incurred costs are allowable, allocable, and reasonable in accordance with USAID cost principles and Chemonics policies and procedures.
• Prepare and process timely financial reporting using ABACUS system, including monthly accrual/projection spreadsheets, and ensure timely submission for review. Prepare and/or review ad hoc analysis and reporting as needed.
• Prepare monthly wire transfer requests for submission to the HO.
• Prepare submission of all tax withholdings (payroll income tax, deduction at source) to relevant parties.
• Prepare payroll and ensure allocation of payroll costs to appropriate general ledger accounts.
• Work closely with internal and external auditors during field program audits
• Support Senior Finance Manager and Finance Team as a liaison to other administrative and technical components to manage project financial budgeting and expenditure progress.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required.
• Minimum of four (4) years of experience; USAID experience preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
• Fluency in English required
Level of Effort and Location
The location of assignment is Accra, Ghana with intermittent travel throughout the country.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 15 October, 2021