Unicef Job Vacancy : Education Officer
We have the Largest Job Seeker Visits!! Find Out Here
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education Jobs in Ghana
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaian Nationals for the post of Education Officer (National Officer Category).
VN No.: VN-16-03 Post Level: NO-A
IMIS #: 71874
Duty Station: Tamale
Type of Contract: Fixed-Term
Under the general guidance of the Education Officer, provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for the education programs/projects through the application of theoretical and technical skills in researching, collecting, analyzing and presenting technical program information while learning organizational rules, regulations and procedures to support the development and formulation of the Education Program within the Country Program.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support to program development and planning
• Research and analyze regional and national political, education, social and economic development trends. Collect, analyze, verify and synthesize information to facilitate program development, design and preparation.
• Support preparation of technical reports and provide inputs for program preparation and documentation ensuring accuracy, timeliness and relevancy of information.
• Contribute to the development/establishment of sectoral program goals, objectives and strategies and results-based planning through research, collection, analysis and reporting of education and other related information for development planning and priority and goal setting.
• Provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing/administering a variety of technical program transactions, preparing materials/documentations and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support program planning, results-based planning (RBM) and monitoring and evaluating results.
2. Program management, monitoring and delivery of results.
• Work closely and collaboratively with internal and external colleagues and partners to collect/analyze/share information on implementation issues, suggest solutions on routine program implementation and submit report to alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and/or decision.
• Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts and prepare minutes/reports on results for follow-up action by higher management and other stakeholders.
• Monitor and report on the use of sectoral program resources (financial, administrative and other assets), verify compliance with approved allocation/goals, organizational rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity.
• Prepare draft inputs for programme/donor reporting.
3. Technical and operational support to program implementation
• Undertake field visits and surveys and/or collect/share information with partners/stakeholders to assess progress and provide technical support and/or refer to relevant officials for resolution. Report on critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems for timely action to achieve results.
• Provide technical and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and other country office partners/donors on the application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices on education and related issues to support program implementation, operations and delivery of results.
4. Networking and partnership building
• Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate program implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve and sustain results on education programs.
• Participate in appropriate inter-agency (UNCT) meetings/events on programming to collaborate with inter-agency partners/colleagues on UNDAF operational planning and preparation of education programs/projects and to integrate and harmonize UNICEF position and strategies with the UNDAF development and planning process.
• Research information on potential donors and prepare resource mobilization materials and briefs for fund raising and partnership development purposes.
5. Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
• Provide support in identifying, capturing, synthesizing and sharing lessons learned for knowledge development and capacity development of stakeholders.
• Apply innovative approaches and promote good practice to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable program results.
• Research, benchmark and report on best and cutting edge practices for development planning of knowledge products and systems.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A University degree in Education, Psychology, Sociology or other Social Sciences field is required.
• A year of professional experience in social development planning and management in education and/other related areas at the international and/or in a developing country is an asset.
• Fluency in English required. Knowledge of local working language of the duty station and another UN working language an asset.
i) Core Values (Required)
• Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
• Communication [II] • Working with People [I] • Drive for Results [I]
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
• Formulating Strategies and Concepts [I] • Analysing [II] • Applying Technical Expertise [II] • Learning and Researching [II] • Planning and Organizing [II]
How to Apply
- If you have experience working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children and match the profile outlines, send a brief application letter supported by detailed curriculum vitae, UN Personal History form (which can be downloaded from http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/p11.doc) and photocopies of other supporting documents to:
- [email protected]
- The Human Resources Manager UNICEF, P.O. Box 5051, Accra-North
- Applications can also be hand delivered to:
- Location: 4-8 Rangoon Close, Cantonments (Behind UNDP, near Ghana National Fire Service Headquarters on the Ring Road)
- Closing Date: 18 February 2016
- Applications without the UN Personal History Form will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test.
- UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and it staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly females are encouraged to apply.
- NOTE: UNICEF IS A SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT