Technical Specialist at Ministry of Finance
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Ministry of Finance
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Public Sector Jobs in Ghana
- GHANA ECONOMIC TRANSFORMATION PROJECT (GETP)
- IDA CREDIT NUMBER 6465-GH
- SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
- REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
- (CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS SELECTION)
- Component 1 – Enabling investments: This component will focus on improving the enabling business environment, investment attraction capacity, and the quality infrastructure support system for companies that want to invest and grow their businesses in Ghana.
- Component 2 – Crowding-in investments: Promoting spatial and industrial planning and development: This component will focus on enhancing the Government’s programs in investment promotion and spatial development (including Special Economic Zones), thereby addressing the constraint to access quality industrial land in the country.
- Component 3 – Accelerating Entrepreneurship and Micro Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) growth: This component will support entrepreneurship and MSME growth in non-resource-based sectors, addressing specifically the limited development of the MSME and entrepreneurship support ecosystem, including early stage financing.
- Component 4 – Project Management and Evaluation: This component will finance project management activities including fiduciary responsibilities, procurement, communication and dissemination, as well as monitoring and evaluation of project implementation and its impact. This will include capacity building for the Project Coordinating Unit (PCU), the Economic Transformation Unit and the Resource Mobilization and Economic Relations Division (RMERD) within the Ministry of Finance (MOF).
PROJECT COMPONENT 2 TECHNICAL SPECIALIST – GH-MOFEP-133819-CS-INDV
Duties and Responsibilities of the Consultant
The Consultant will be required to provide technical support to the implementing agencies of the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MoTI), Ghana Free Zones Authority (GFZA), and Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC) in charge of activities related to the Component 2 of the Project. The activities under this Component will assist the Government of Ghana to put in place a sound framework and processes for spatial planning and development (including Special Economic Zones), that can lead to increased investments and to maximize their economic rate of return in terms of jobs, incomes and productivity growth.
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Consultant will undertake the following tasks:
- Work closely with the relevant Implementation Agencies (IAs) and the Project Coordinating Unit (PCU) Team to plan and deliver on the objectives of the Project Component.
- Coordinate with partners and stakeholders for the effective implementation of the Project.
- Oversee/monitor the implementation of the project component activities and provide overall guidance to the institutions mentioned above in terms of technical implementation of the project component activities.
- Provide expertise/technical support and strategic advice to the IAs in developing project implementation work plans and budgets.
- Ensure timely and effective management of the Project and implementation of all activities listed in the Work Plan (WP)
- Assist in drafting progress reports against agreed performance indicators;
- Participate in project coordination and peer review meetings with Project Team
- Assist the IAs in drafting the Technical ToRs relating to the Component for consultancy assignments
- Review draft documents prepared by various experts and provide substantive actionable comments on draft documents produced to improve the quality, consistency and strategic contribution
- Contribute to the analysis and drafting of excerpts of the technical documents, as needed
- Assist in facilitating workshops and consultations with beneficiaries, other consultants and institutions involved in project activities
- Contribute and provide inputs to the reports to be generated by the IAs
- Collect data, document the results of the Project and assist in preparing progress reports, including inputs to the Project’s M&E plan.
- Support the accurate and timely submission of quarterly, annual and end of project activity progress/narrative reports and financial reports pertaining to the relevant IAs.
- Identify lessons learned and best practices from the project implementation process and provide the necessary support for improving the GETP activities at all levels;
- Arrange skills transfer and knowledge sharing opportunities with the IAs
- Provide other guidance upon request.
Duration of Assignment
The expert will be contracted for an initial period of 24 months. The assignment may however, be extended on an annual basis if the Consultant performs well in her/his tasks and responsibilities as evaluated by the PCU, taking into account inputs from relevant stakeholders including the relevant implementing agencies
Required Skills or Experience
- Advanced degree in any of the following: Economics, Law, Business Administration/Management, Development Studies, Public Policy, Project Management, Economics, Law, Business Administration/Management, Development Studies, or related discipline;
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in supporting and providing technical assistance to public institutions, preferably in the areas of Special Economic Zones, Industrial Parks, or Free Zones development and operation.
- Proven ability to technically backstop and manage complex project work
- Experience in managing or working on donor funded projects a plus
- Experience working with the Ghanaian Private sector
- Demonstrated experience in writing technical TORs
- Ability to identify, analyze and propose practical solutions to managerial, technical and broad range of operational issues
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to write succinctly and persuasively in plain English of publishable quality and to build stakeholder understanding and buy-in of more complex situations
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, including the ability to integrate feedback of team, manage and facilitate group discussions.
How To Apply
Submission of Expressions of Interest
Interested Consultants may obtain further clarification and Terms of Reference, preferably by e-mail, at the address below from 9.00AM to 4.00PM, Monday through Friday (except on public holidays).
Expressions of interest shall be in English and must be delivered via electronic submissions to the following email addresses: [email protected] and [email protected] by 10.00am on Monday, November 9, 2020.
THE PROJECT COORDINATOR
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
BOX MB 40, ACCRA, GHANA
ATTN: PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST
ATTN: PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST
GHANA ECONOMIC TRANSFORMATION PROJECT
THIRD FLOOR, CONFERENCE ROOM